Air Fryer is a new kitchen appliance that is getting more popular nowadays because of the fantastic way of cooking our food. They liken it to a countertop convection oven that is made compact, and food is cooked faster.
Best Air Fryers in Comparison
- 1 Best Air Fryers in Comparison
- 2 What is an Air Fryer?
- 3 Air Fryer and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Air Fryer are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Air Fryer Reviews
- 6 Buying the Best Air Fryer
- 7 FAQ about the Best Air Fryer
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Links:
What is an Air Fryer?
There are also different recipes you can make out of using the air fryer such as chicken wings, french fries, roasted chicken, you can make chocolate chip cookies, Ravioli via air fryer and so many more.
Air Fryer and how they are used?
Air Fryer is like a better version of a countertop convection oven. The heating mechanism of this machine is located on the top of the unit. There is also a fan that helps the hot air to orbit around the food that is being cooked. There is a fryer-style basket where the food being cooked is placed, and the hot air rushes and revolves around the food placed on this fryer-style basket. Cooking takes less time and makes food crispy, even without oil. Food is also cooked evenly here because of the heat source that is evenly circulated around the food basket.
- If you have used different cooking devices, you’ll know that it pains to clean most of these devices. It takes time and effort to keep them clean so that there will be no insects that will get attracted to any part of the cooking device. This is what’s good about an air fryer because cleaning it is easy, plus some parts are dishwasher safe, so fewer parts to brush, soap, and rinse.
- Oil-less cooking is possible with an air fryer. This is a big advantage health-wise, and it will also let you save money that instead of buying cooking oil, you need not bother.
- There are no greasy parts compared to having a cooking device that uses oil. Such type of cooking equipment takes a lot of work with cleaning.
- Safe to use because there are no exposed parts where you can accidentally touch and which can burn any part of your hands or arms. Since the air-fryer has a lock system in place while cooking, you are safe from any injuries.
- The air fryer does not need a long time to heat up, plus cooking is shorter so electricity use is lesser as well.
- There are fewer fats and fewer calories in the food cooked using an air fryer. The fat drips from the pan separating from the meat that you are cooking so your food will be drained from the nasty oil and fats.
- An air fryer is compact and will not take much space to store. You can also move it freely anywhere in your kitchen cause it is not heavy, and it is portable.
There is a basket where you can place the food that you are to cook. The basket has holes at the bottom, which makes it easier to drain the oil from the food, and it is also easier for the hot air to circulate. It is a good thing with having a great circulation of heat, but may not be to your advantage if you want to cook food that has some sauce or a bit runny. With the holes in the basket, it may require you to clean or brush this part of the air fryer to remove foods stuck and the oil that may be inside the holes. Most of the basket type air fryer has a larger capacity and works best for bigger families. Some basket-type air fryers on the market have a pre-set temperature while cooking. Plus, it is possible to cook food that has some sauce on it, for it will not fall off at the bottom of the equipment. You can still enjoy your saucy food after every cooking. With this type of air fryer, there is no need to stir the food inside once in a while cause there is a paddle that can help move the food around. You may also remove the paddle while cooking if this is easier for you. The paddle-type air fryer also has its limitations since the paddle may sometimes get in the way, such as when you are cooking a sizeable piece of meat in here, it may not be the best type of air-fryer to use.
What types of Air Fryer are there?
Countertop Convection Oven
There is a basket where you can place the food that you are to cook. The basket has holes at the bottom, which makes it easier to drain the oil from the food, and it is also easier for the hot air to circulate. It is a good thing with having a great circulation of heat, but may not be to your advantage if you want to cook food that has some sauce or a bit runny.
With the holes in the basket, it may require you to clean or brush this part of the air fryer to remove foods stuck and the oil that may be inside the holes. Most of the basket type air fryer has a larger capacity and works best for bigger families.
Some basket-type air fryers on the market have a pre-set temperature while cooking. Plus, it is possible to cook food that has some sauce on it, for it will not fall off at the bottom of the equipment. You can still enjoy your saucy food after every cooking.
With this type of air fryer, there is no need to stir the food inside once in a while cause there is a paddle that can help move the food around. You may also remove the paddle while cooking if this is easier for you.
The paddle-type air fryer also has its limitations since the paddle may sometimes get in the way, such as when you are cooking a sizeable piece of meat in here, it may not be the best type of air-fryer to use.
Convection oven also cooks fast with multiple frying and cooking options with a glass window that makes it possible to view what’s inside easily. Disadvantage maybe the exterior component of this equipment that sometimes gets too hot, and if there are children in your house, make sure they are not within any distance of the convection oven while you are cooking.
This is what we check in Air Fryer Reviews
We check some significant factors in our air fryer reviews, including the materials used, the longevity, its price, and the cleaning as well as maintenance.
They make some air fryers out of plastic exterior that has a metal basket inside. There is also the incorporation of stainless steel material. Construction differs depending on the company that made the product. Plastics used are durable, however, it may have some issues with our health as plastic has a detrimental effect on our health in the long run, plus it is not eco-friendly.
Longevity will depend on the production and how well they manufactured it. There are front runners in the air fryer business as some companies have models that have a high-tech design and are considered durable compared to other brands.
Price varies depending on the brand as well. Most of the brands out there may be a bit expensive. Since the air fryer is not that common yet, you may find that you need to shell out more to purchase one of your own. There are warranties included, plus recipes that come with most of the air fryers, which is to the advantage of the buyer.
- It is advised not to use any abrasive sponges or any metal cleaner, steel wire brush that can damage the inside of your air fryer. There is a non-stick coating that is vulnerable to scratches coming from steel wire cleaning tools and other abrasive cleaners.
- This also goes to the exterior of your air fryer, do not, at any time, clean it with any abrasives or damaging cleaning tools.
- Never soak your air fryer in water, as this will surely damage it quickly. You can use a clean cloth and wipe the outside of your air fryer as required.
- There are air fryers that have a detachable basket and can be cleaned separately from the body. The basket can be cleaned with water.
- Before you put the parts back together, dry all the parts, so there will be no fluid sitting on the inside of the air fryer for long.
- Clean the air fryer after each use and do not store it with any traces of oil or another sticky foodstuff. This is the fastest way to ruin the value of your air fryer.
- Always clean the air fryer after cooling parts, do not touch the inside just after you finish cooking and attempt to clean the parts.
Buying the Best Air Fryer
Buying your own air fryer may take a bit of research, since most of the brands that are out in the market boast of the many advantages when you buy their products. When buying in-store or online, make use of the following tips as it can somehow help you pick the best to buy.
- Since you will be able to check the different air fryers that may be displayed in-store, this is your chance to check on the capacity of each air fryer and pick one that will suit you and your family’s cooking needs.
- There is also the issue of power consumption of the cooking equipment, so you can compare the different power needs of each product.
- Check and compare not just the exterior, but also the interior of the air fryer as some air fryer looks big outside but lacks enough space inside.
- Are there other features that you should know? This is what you should also ask the seller while you are in store, best to learn about the advantage of each air fryer as this will help you decide faster.
- Ask about the warranties cause the longer the warranty, the better for you cause you have something to fall back on.
- If you really need to buy online, there are also important factors you need to check.
- Since you can only see the design of the air fryer in photos, make sure you have done your homework first and have checked it online. See information about the actual size of the air fryer that you prefer.
- Choose from the unique designs that are available online and note the features of each, then you can compare which will work best for you.
- Review and compare the prices of each online as well. There are customer reviews as well that will help you choose faster. Most of the purchasers of different products are often generous with their reviews, and this is what will help you in choosing the best air fryer.
- Contact the seller and make sure you are buying from a reputable shop.
- Pick the one that has the best price offer, ask for discounts, if any.
- Discuss the warranty cause you will need it if in case anything happens to the newly bought air fryer.
FAQ about the Best Air Fryer
What are some samples of the best air fryer on the market?
- Cuisinart AFR-25
- Philips AirFryer XXL
- Cuisinart Airfryer Toaster Oven
- Ninja Foodi
- Breville Smart Oven Air
- GoWise 8-in-1 Air Fryer XL 5.9 Qt.
- Krups Fry Delight
- Black and Decker 2L Purifry Air Fryer
As the use of AirFryer is getting common nowadays, the development of air fryers is continuous as well. Distinct features are being added, and this will also add a few dollars to the price, but it may be something to look forward to as well if you are to get something that will make cooking uncomplicated and quick.