The air purifier keeps the indoor space clean. It is a device that improves the quality of indoor air.
By doing so, it helps an asthmatic person and those with allergy from having asthma attacks or allergy. Sometimes there is also someone from your household who smokes, which can expose other family members to second-hand smoking.
Best Air Purifiers in Comparison
- 1 Best Air Purifiers in Comparison
- 2 What is an Air Purifier?
- 3 Air Purifiers and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Air Purifiers are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Air Purifier Reviews
- 6 Buying the Best Air Purifier
- 7 FAQ about the Best Air Purifier
- 7.1 Are there air purifiers that can remove odors and not just air impurities?
- 7.2 Is there a negative effect of using an Air Purifier?
- 7.3 How do I maintain my air purifier?
- 7.4 Are all air purifiers noisy and loud when in use?
- 7.5 How often do we need to use the air purifier?
- 7.6 What is the most ideal spot to place the air purifier?
- 7.7 What are the 5-types of Air Purifiers that are considered best in the market today?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Links
What is an Air Purifier?
An air purifier has an air filter that acts as a trapping device for mold spores, dust particles, pollen, which can act as allergens and trigger allergies. It can also purify the air and remove other harmful elements.
Air Purifiers and how they are used?
An air purifier helps in removing harmful elements from the air by drawing the air in the room to capture the floating air particles, which then pass through the filters inside the air purifier. There are distinct types of air purifier which can also purify any enclosed area. The air purifier must be apt for the room size or any space.
- Removes allergens from the air that triggers asthma and respiratory problems
- Mold is another danger that may cause harm to you and your family’s health.
- Air purifiers equipped with filters can help remove smoke in your house.
- There are also toxins in our home without us realizing it, sometimes it may come from cleaning materials that we use, and air purifier can eliminate such in our home.
- You will know the clean air rate in your house with some type of air purifier.
- Some air purifiers also need high maintenance
- Although air purifiers can eliminate dust and other harmful particles in the air, it does not get rid of an unpleasant odor.
- Other air purifiers may release harmful ozone gas.
- It can only purify a certain room size, with the larger room size, you need an additional air purifier
- It needs additional air filter for it to work effectively.
- It may not work properly if the house is not kept clean, and owners do not clean rugs, carpeting, curtains, any furniture made of fabric, and no vacuuming is done.
What types of Air Purifiers are there?
HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) Air Purifiers
Highly efficient air purifier which can remove particles in the air such as pollen, mold, dust, and dander. You can replace the HEPA air filter every month. This type of air purifier can remove up to 99.7% of particles that are bigger than 0.2 microns and not smaller than 0.2 microns.
Activated Carbon Air Purifiers
This is best used for homes with a family member who smokes. This can prevent others from being affected by second-hand smoking. It removes smoke, fumes, gasses, and odors from your home. There is also the inclusion of HEPA filters for some of these types of air purifiers.
Without HEPA filter though, it is ineffective in removing dander, dust, mold, and pollen.
Electronic Air Cleaners
This Air purifier can coincide with your furnace or air conditioner to purify the air. This air purifier can remove 99.99% of allergens from your home and will help your HVAC system in purifying the air in your home. It can trap.3 sized microns and is best chosen if you want to remove impurities in the air.
This type of air purifier needs filter replacement and scheduled maintenance.
Central Air Cleaners
This air cleaner can purify the air in your entire home and can remove 99% of the dust, pollen, and other odd particles in your home. This will help control allergic reactions or lung issues.
Ionic Air Purifiers
This type of air purifier emits negative ion in the air, which traps positively charged particles in your home that include dust and other particles. It can also eliminate odor from the air, and allergens, smoke, bacteria, viruses, fumes, and dander.
This air purifier traps positively charged energy inside it because of a metal plate attached to its inner core.
Ultraviolet Air Purifiers
This is what we check in Air Purifier Reviews
With this review, we make sure that we have covered everything, such as the price, longevity, materials used during the manufacture, and the required cleaning.
They make most of the air purifiers cases out of plastic, there is also a filter made of borosilicate glass fibers. A mini fan to induce the airflow through the filter, and then there are the switches controlling the speed of the fan. There is also steel wire, charging plates, and activated carbon.
There is a difference in plastic used, such as polystyrene, polyvinyl, polyethylene, and polypropylene.
There are air purifiers made of the all-metal frame, plus shell casings made of aluminum. There are also materials used that make other brands of air purifiers lasts longer than other brands.
The price of air purifiers can range from $40 to $300 up for the high-end type of purifiers. Prices also vary and depend on the design and on the room size it can purify.
Changing the filter is important, as the efficiency of the air purifier will also depend on it. You should also clean the outer covering and clean the inside with a clean, damp cloth.
Buying the Best Air Purifier
An air purifier may help us keep our home air clean so we feel safer, at least when we are inside our homes. When you buy an air purifier in the store, you have many options to choose from, and you can somehow choose which one is best for you and your family.
- To buy the best air purifier, you need to know the size of the room where you will place it in. If you will use it for a bigger area, you may need to ask the seller what she can guarantee to do the job.
- Choose the best purifier that can do filtering well and will remove pollutants inside your home efficiently.
- Compare at least 2 to 4 items when you are inside the store and weigh in on which is best to use for your home space.
- Ask the seller if they have HEPA filter which can doubly purify the air in your home.
- There is a noise level that you should look into cause some may be too noisy in the bedroom. Choose the right decibel according to where you will place the air purifier.
- When you check the price, you should also sum the cost of maintenance and electricity consumption.
- Additional features cost additional money, so unless you have much money to spare, you can just go for the regular type of air purifier that can also do the job of purifying the air in your home.
With the technology that we have today and everything is at the tip of your fingertips, they make shopping easier. Now, it is possible to buy the things that you need online, and you don’t have to bother to go to a physical store to buy the product. Here are some reminders when you buy the product online.
- When buying online, you also need to know that you are buying from a reputable seller. Do not buy from an online store just because they offer the lowest price cause you still need to double-check from reading reviews online.
- Once you have chosen a reputable online store to buy your product by asking the seller about their top-selling product since this will also tell you which is a highly rated product.
- Ask which purifier is the best for your room size.
- What designs they have and style options?
- Ask what is the best price they can offer you?
FAQ about the Best Air Purifier
Are there air purifiers that can remove odors and not just air impurities?
There are types of air purifiers that can remove home odor and not just bacteria, viruses, pollen, or any allergens. Ask your seller about it.
Is there a negative effect of using an Air Purifier?
There are supposed negative results from using an air purifier, such as the release of ozone gas, which is bad for the environment. Most of the newly released air purifiers boast of safe usage without harmful results for the environment.
How do I maintain my air purifier?
There is a manual that you can refer to so you can clean your air purifier as needed. Most air purifiers have filters in them, so the replacement of this filter is a must.
Are all air purifiers noisy and loud when in use?
Not every air purifiers are noisy, some are just small noise that you can’t even notice. These silent air purifiers are best to use in the bedroom or the living room, so there is silence even when it’s in use and will not cause any distraction.
How often do we need to use the air purifier?
It is ideal to run it as often as possible. Most homeowners just leave it open to continuously clean the air while others use it for a certain time, then turn it off after. If someone in your house is allergic to dust, pollen, or maybe asthmatic, then frequent use is preferred.
What is the most ideal spot to place the air purifier?
What are the 5-types of Air Purifiers that are considered best in the market today?
- Coway Airmega 400 Smart Air Purifier – Silent when in use, its design is elegant and can clean the air in minutes. Its 2-set filter system makes it possible to filter the air in minutes. Its attractive design makes it easy to place it anywhere in your home and the energy-efficient quality of this air purifier. You are getting your money’s worth.
- Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier by Blueair – This air purifier can remove pet dander, viruses, dust, bacteria, mold, and other air pollutants. The capacity of this air purifier is bigger compared to the other air purifier since this can clean the air in over 600 square foot room in minutes.
It has a lesser cleaning filtration though, compared to the other mentioned air purifier here, but can still do its job efficiently.
Replacing filters should be every six months, so it ensures you of its high capacity to filter air impurities.
- RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet Air Purifier HEPA – wall mounted air purifier that does not create issues with spaces. This is for those families who may have children running around the house and will keep the unit safe. Also, RabbitAir has a 6-stage filtering system, which makes it easier to target distinct types of air pollutants, particles, odors, toxins, and such.
Considered one of the most silent air purifiers available, which can also purify a larger room area.
- Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier – With this air purifier, owners get to enjoy many high-end features such as the inclusion of a timer to turn it off, fan speed that can be adjusted with the use of auto-mode, and an indicator for the quality of air in an area of your room.
The 4-stage filter system includes the ionizer for purification. It removes unwanted odors in any room.
- Alen BreatheSmart Classic Air Purifier for Large Room – This air purifier can clean over 500 square foot room in no less than 15 minutes. With that quick cleaning capacity, it comes at a price.
If you are an owner who wants to have an option of colors as you want everything in your home to come together aesthetically, then this is for you since it has eight color options to choose from. There are also models to choose from to target different air cleaning capacities such as mold and bacteria, pet odor/fur, smoke, for allergies and dust. This purifier comes with a lifetime warranty that can be something if you want to save further.
Air purifiers are a big help for homes with family members who are suffering from asthma and other lung problems. Some have allergic rhinitis, many air impurities can trigger that, so having an air purifier can help tone down such issues.
Air purifiers may cost more to purchase, but the health advantage it can give your family can save you a lot of money in the long run.