Electric scooters are becoming a must-have for most cities. It is a preferred mode of transport in someplace since it is green and accordingly cheap compared to cars. But we cannot compare it to a car because of its riding capacity as the power is too low. It is classified as a Personal Light Electric Vehicle that is considered illegal in someplace to be used, but again we still have to wait for further details about that.
Best Electric Scooters in Comparison
- 1 Best Electric Scooters in Comparison
- 2 What Is Electric Scooter?
- 3 Electric Scooter and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Electric Scooters are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Electric Scooter Reviews
- 6 Buying the Best Electric Scooter
- 7 FAQ about the Best Electric Scooter
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Links
What Is Electric Scooter?
E-scooters were said to have originated from China, where the park-anywhere type of bikes came from; The trend of Jump Bike and LimeBike was a huge success there.
Electric Scooter and how they are used?
Electric Scooters or E-scooters are used on sidewalks or on roads where there are few vehicles or inside the campus or used in a big area where you need to go from one building to the next. Although it is used by many, it is now a must park legally and not just leave it anywhere.
E-scooter differs from the kick scooters of the 90s, but they have the same form that includes the 2-wheels, a deck, and the handlebar used for steering. E-scooters carry passengers while standing on the deck while he/she navigates using the handlebar.
It can run from 15kph up and have a weight capacity. They can also use it where a passenger is seating as they provide some models with such features and are convertible.
- Low Cost. With an Electric scooter, there is no problem with needing to buy gas, and there is less maintenance needed compared to a car. You just need to charge it for a specific time, and it is ready. Although, you may need to spend a bit with an added electricity bill.
- The battery can also last for a few years, where the maximum length is 5 to 6 years. There are also lesser vehicle parts to worry about having it replaced.
- Affordable. You can buy an E-scooter for a portion of the price of a car. You can have it for a few hundred dollars, but if you are eyeing one is on the top end, you may need to shell out more.
- Considered Eco-Friendly. Compared to a vehicle that uses gas to run, E-scooter has a reduced carbon footprint.
- Operates quietly. No need to worry about waking up the entire neighborhood as an e-scooter will not produce too much noise while in operation. You can easily pass by without noticing you at all. Unlike when you ride a motorcycle or even a car that rumbles or creates irritating noise.
- No need to worry about traffic. You can get to your destination fast because you can ride on the sidewalk or even in tight spaces, and there is no need for you to wait for other vehicles to pass before you can do so.
- No-need for a driver’s license. Riding an e-scooter requires no driver’s license as long as you can operate the vehicle safely and responsibly.
- Parking space is easy. There is no need to pay for a hefty parking space fee because it is easy to park the e-scooter. You just need to make sure it is parked properly, or you will get some citations. It must be parked where it won’t cause inconvenience to other vehicles. It is also not advised to leave it on the sidewalk, streets, or parks.
- Fun. It is fun while you ride and e-scooter because you can enjoy the surroundings while you get around the place or a certain area. You feel the breeze on your face, and this adds exhilarating feeling to you. There are even e-scooter tours offered in other cities so that tourists can enjoy their time without having to walk for longer periods.
- Less safe. Compared to using a car, an e-scooter is a kind of risk when you are on the road. If you found yourself on a bumpy road or it is slippery, you may meet some accidents along the way. There are also issues of raining that create poor visibility, and this makes an e-scooter dangerous to use during these times.
- Easily get stolen. Because it is easy to bring and e-scooters are portable, stealing them is also easy. You should not leave your e-scooter anywhere to prevent it from getting stolen.
- I need some time to charge. Make sure that your battery’s all charge up before you leave the house because it takes time to charge before you can use it again. Some e-scooter will take as long as 8 to 10 hours to have it charged fully.
- Limited speed. Since it can only go up to a certain kph, you cannot go as fast. Also, the range of these e-scooters is anywhere between 50 to 80km, which is not considered ideal for lengthy trips.
What types of Electric Scooters are there?
There are types according to the following
Two-wheeled – is more common, and they consider it lighter, ideal to use in traffics and highly crowded areas.
Three-wheeled – practical for those who have issues with balancing the e-scooter, this type can also standalone, and it is safer for corners and a pothole.
According to the user:
E-scooter for Adult – adults may have to look at the weight limit as well because if the user has a staggering weight, the scooter may not be the ideal vehicle to use.
E-scooter for Kids – ideal e-scooter for kids is 3-wheeled kick scooters. These can provide additional support for kids who may have difficulty balancing on 2 wheels. It is also best for when the child is going to corners, and balancing is an issue.
Then there are types such as
Fat Tire E-scooter – best for those who want to travel faster and requires less effort. This can be hard to maneuver through for that added extra weight on the tires. It can also accommodate those with bigger body weight as this also comes with a seat and provides them additional convenience and comfort.
Foldable – best for people who would like to have a fold and run feature just like a foldable e-scooter. We consider it practical for those who don’t want to be bothered with finding a place to leave their scooters.
Dirt scooters – used on dirt tracks for mostly exhibition purposes. This type is tough, sturdy, and durable to stand bumps and jumps on the dirt tracks.
Off-road scooters – ideal for woods and hidden trails. Some need a bigger tire for this activity.
This is what we check in Electric Scooter Reviews
We have come upon the most important element in this review and what we have to put our focus on. Like the materials used, price of the product, longevity, and durability, and includes cleaning or maintenance.
Most manufacturers have come up with a material that is not just lightweight but should also be durable. Some materials used on this product were painstakingly probed and examine to make sure that it will last for a long time.
E-scooters are made to last for years, and it is reachable because of the aluminum alloy and stainless steel materials used.
Because of the choices available in the market, you may need time to think of which style and design to buy. It can cost you anywhere between $500 up to thousands for the high-end e-scooter.
Buying the Best Electric Scooter
It doesn’t matter where you will buy your E-scooter, but again you must be prepared and have little knowledge up in your pockets. This is important so you will know what to look for and what to ask the seller once you are in the store or if you are to buy it online.
While you are canvassing for an e-scooter, here are some tips you may like to consider.
- You need to know which design you like and what style you are going for.
- Once you are at the store, inspect some e-scooters are on display, and inspect the weight range, what type of battery, and how many hours you can use the e-scooter when it is fully charged, etc.
- Speed can be checked also, as some sellers will let you use the e-scooter on display.
- Be aware of the weight limit that the e-scooter can carry. If you are on the heavier side, make sure that the e-scooter you are going for is the ideal one for you. It is also best that you check this feature for safety purposes.
- Check the price if it is within your budget and if you can get the same features that you like for a lower-priced e-scooter. You may also ask the seller if they can give you a lower-priced or some kind of discount.
- The warranty should also be discussed and its specifics.
- Although online shopping is popular, it is a must that you know what to check when buying products online. Here are some tips that may help you when browsing the product online.
- Have your questions ready for the seller because you have to ask the right question so the seller can also help you decide on which one to buy.
- You are supposed to have done some research online about the e-scooters and the distinct features available. There are comparisons and reviews you can find when you browse the net, and all are readily available to help buyers.
- Ask about the price, and if they can offer you a lower price for the models you like, if some sellers are not keen on giving you any discount, you can still check somewhere else just to give you more options.
- The seller should also have a warranty in place, ask about the delivery schedule, and if they have a return policy for any product that may have damage after delivery.
FAQ about the Best Electric Scooter
At what age is it allowed to use an E-scooter?
In some countries, there is an age limit for riders where some 16 years old are allowed, and in some, they do not allow it, not until you are 18 years of age. There are types of e-scooter that are allowed for small kids as long as it is with the guidance of an adult. Kids should use it within the range of vision of an adult to avoid any incident while using the e-scooter.
Are Electric scooters only used on flat surfaces?
It is not just used on the flat surface, although it is ideal. They specifically use some types for such purpose e.g. dirt road e-scooter.
What are the best electric scooters available in the market today?
- Xiaomi Mijia M365 – light with a lot of power. Affordable and has the right speed.
- Xiaomi Mijia M365PRO – High staying power with enough speed and affordable. With advanced battery-saving features.
- Segway-Ninebot ES4 Electric Scooter – foldable, fast, with safe stopping mechanism and from a reliable brand.
- Unagi Model One 1450 Dual Motor – great design, stylish, fast, and affordable.
- Turboant X7 Electric Scooter – With a removable battery plus bell and light.
Whatever you decide to buy, make sure you are doing your homework first and making sure you are getting your money’s worth.