An electric toothbrush is a toothbrush that helps in cleaning the teeth automatically. The electric toothbrush has a built-in power source, making the teeth cleaning faster and effective. Developed in 1954 and was only sold in the US in 1959. We have come up with some important information about the electric toothbrush on which is the best type to get, what you should look for when purchasing an electric toothbrush, and all based on many customer’s opinions and reviews.
Best Electric Toothbrushes in Comparison
- 1 Best Electric Toothbrushes in Comparison
- 2 What is an electric toothbrush?
- 3 Electric toothbrushes and how they are used?
- 4 What types of best Electric Toothbrushes are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Electric Toothbrushes Reviews.
- 6 Buying the Best Electric Toothbrush
- 7 FAQ about Best Electric Toothbrush
- 7.1 Is an electric toothbrush better than a manual one?
- 7.2 Are expensive electric toothbrushes better than the low-priced ones?
- 7.3 What is the best type of electric toothbrush to use?
- 7.4 Advantage of an electric toothbrush compared to a manual toothbrush.
- 7.5 What is the best advice for charging batteries for an electric toothbrush?
- 7.6 What is the best electric toothbrush for kids with features?
- 7.7 Is there the safest way to dispose of used batteries of an electric toothbrush?
- 7.8 Which type of electric toothbrush is waterproof?
- 7.9 Can I use an electric toothbrush while showering?
- 7.10 How do I maintain my electric toothbrush?
- 8 Conclusion.
- 9 Links
What is an electric toothbrush?
An electric toothbrush uses electricity and is powered by a built-in battery. Batteries can be rechargeable or changeable and the brush or bristles are interchangeable also. The electric toothbrush can clean teeth easily and effectively in a shorter time. An electric toothbrush is comfortable to use, easy to manage, and can be carried with you anywhere as well.
Electric toothbrushes and how they are used?
An electric toothbrush is used similarly as the manual toothbrush and the aim is the same which is to clean teeth. There is a battery that comes with an electric toothbrush that needs to be charged for a certain period so that there is enough to power the brushing process.
An electric toothbrush is also recommended by many dentists because it does its job well of removing plaque from our teeth. There are reviews made by different dentists worldwide and they consider an electric toothbrush as one of the best ways of keeping our teeth clean.
- Thorough cleaning. We find an electric toothbrush to be less abrasive to the teeth but can clean it. It removes more plaques.
- Ease of use. Easy to use because there is no need to manually scour your teeth by yourself but instead you can let the electric toothbrush do its job. Cleaning is faster too compared to manual brushing.
- Accurate. Because of the built-in timer, this makes it easier to track the time of brushing easily.
- Good for kids. Some kids just don’t enjoy brushing their teeth regularly, but with the help of an electric toothbrush, they will opt to brush cause the task is easier compared to using the manual toothbrush.
- Better for some people with mobility issues. Some people have pain issues and are having a hard time to move, thereby making a simple brushing of their teeth an effort. With the help of an electric toothbrush, the task is easier.
- Best for plaque removal. Since you get to brush regularly and it cleans teeth better, the plaque doesn’t have the chance to thrive or grow.
- Good for gum stimulation. It stimulates gums that leads to healthier gums and thus prevent gingivitis.
- More expensive. Buying the electric toothbrush will cost you more than the usual toothbrush, which may only cost you a few dollars. An electric toothbrush will cost you more depending on the type and model of the toothbrush you will purchase.
- Expensive to maintain. Because it runs on batteries, you may need to replace the batteries in a few months to keep it working effectively. An electric toothbrush will slow its rotation and brushing capacity if it has an old and used up batteries.
- There is also a need for you to replace the brush or bristle to keep it working efficiently.
- May take time to charge. You cannot just pick the toothbrush and use it anytime. Charge it every time and on schedule so that there is enough battery with every use.
- Breaks down with incorrect charging. Just like a cellphone, the electric toothbrush, if incorrectly charged may cause the batteries to not work efficiently and may not have much longevity.
- Need to be extra careful when in use. You should be careful when using it, making sure that you do not just throw it anywhere you want. It tends to malfunction.
What types of best Electric Toothbrushes are there?
Side to side
instead of spinning in a circular motion, this toothbrush works with a side to side high-speed movement.
this electric toothbrush is more affordable and has sets of bristles that turn and spin in circles.
Dual head electric toothbrush
has 2 brushes where one rotates while the other has a sweeping, side-to-side motion.
Rotating and oscillating
Not just work in a circular motion but also oscillates at the same time, which makes this toothbrush best in removing plaque.
Sonic and Ultrasonic toothbrush
an electric toothbrush that uses a very high frequency of vibration called ultrasound to efficiently dislodge plaque.
this toothbrush pulsates while it rotates and oscillates. This technology helps to eliminate plaque as well by lifting it from the teeth. This type also cost more because of the high technology used.
the same head shape that rotates in a different direction, moving back and forth between the teeth.
This is what we check in Electric Toothbrushes Reviews.
To ensure that we have checked every corner and review significant features of electric toothbrushes there are four significant elements we have dutifully checked such as the price, longevity, what materials they used, cleaning and maintenance.
We have made some comparisons on the materials that were used in the different electric toothbrushes and how they work. Some mention top materials were utilized but also have a certain price cap that goes with it.
You can say that you have bought the correct product because of its longevity. You can also conclude that it is worth the money.
One of the most significant factors we looked into while comparing the various electric toothbrushes. Most of the electric toothbrushes are priced higher than the other designs of an electric toothbrush, while others are priced just right and can be afforded by many.
Cleaning would be of utmost importance as well and it is the same with any product. There are maintenance and cleaning that you need to follow for you to enjoy it for a long time.
Buying the Best Electric Toothbrush
There are ways to purchase an electric toothbrush and would depend on what type you are looking for. You can either buy one in a physical store or have an electric toothbrush ordered online. The in-store purchase has its advantage too, such as seeing the physical item and being able to check it yourself. Buying online also has its advantage, like buying it at the comforts of your home.
Here is what you need to consider when buying one in store.
- Check the quality of the electric toothbrush you are buying.
- Ask if it is one of their best sellers cause sometimes this means it is of the best quality model.
- Check the electric toothbrush and see if it is worth the price with its design and functionality.
- You need to compare the prices first before making a purchase. And will depend on your budget. There are also instances where the product you are looking for may cause you more than you are willing to pay.
- See how long the toothbrush usually last and check if there are any guarantee included.
- This is the new norm nowadays, buying online which is more convenient for many people. You just have to make sure you have done your research first before purchasing anything and making sure that you have the right product in mind.
- To also assist you in deciding which product is the best, you may also ask around from your close friends if they have purchase one recently, they would be more than willing to help and give you some advice regarding your purchase.
- You can ask the seller directly for questions or queries you may have such as the return policy if the item you bought is damaged upon receiving it.
- You can also ask for the different pricing and what qualities each has for your additional reference.
- You may also ask them for reviews if there are any that their customers have provided recently.
- Best also to read reviews online because they are surely available for a certain product you are planning to purchase. You may also do a comparison yourself from what you have read online.
- Are there many returns of products from the buyers? This will also be an enormous question you should ask.
- Ask what payment method they are accepting and the shipping of the product.
- What refund policy do they have for the product?
FAQ about Best Electric Toothbrush
Is an electric toothbrush better than a manual one?
Both are effective in cleaning your teeth as long as a proper technique of cleaning is used. The electric toothbrush just makes brushing easier, faster, and effective.
Are expensive electric toothbrushes better than the low-priced ones?
The difference will be in the speed of brushing, which is called strokes per minute where expensive toothbrushes’ speed is between 7,000 to 32,000 spm. The range of the price can be between $30 to $200 up for the high-end types.
What is the best type of electric toothbrush to use?
There are top 10 electric toothbrushes in the market today that is considered the best among others.
- Oral-B 3d White Action Power Toothbrush
- Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean5100 Gum Health
- Oral B White Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Foreo ISSA 2 Electric Toothbrush
- Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- Smile Direct Club Electric Toothbrush
- Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush
- Waterpik Electric Toothbrush & Water Flosser Combo
- Oral-B Genius X Electric Toothbrush
- Oral-B 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity.
Advantage of an electric toothbrush compared to a manual toothbrush.
One advantage is the ease of use and efficient cleaning.
What is the best advice for charging batteries for an electric toothbrush?
Before its first use, it should be charged fully for 16 hours straight, do not charge the battery for over 24 hours as overcharging will shorten its lifespan. It is also not advised to place your toothbrush on its charger in between uses this will not be good for the battery either.
What is the best electric toothbrush for kids with features?
Buy a kid-friendly design to stimulate excitement in brushing teeth, and better if it has a music background installed while brushing.
Is there the safest way to dispose of used batteries of an electric toothbrush?
There are ways to dispose of batteries and will depend on what area you live in. But just for comparison, recycling of batteries differ like whether it is alkaline, regular batteries or rechargeable batteries.
Which type of electric toothbrush is waterproof?
There is an electric toothbrush that is waterproof and will be fine when using it in the shower, although it is not advisable to let it soak in water.
Can I use an electric toothbrush while showering?
You may do so if you have the waterproof electric toothbrush, however, there are electric toothbrushes that are not advised to be left immersed in water. A slight splash of water is fine. This is where an electric toothbrush cannot be in comparison with the manual toothbrush with getting soaked in water.
How do I maintain my electric toothbrush?
You may clean the brush and bristle with water, wipe the charger, and handle it with a clean cloth. Dry up the parts always whenever you need to charge it. You may also schedule charging so it is available whenever you need to use it.
An electric toothbrush may be a luxury for some because of the benefits they can get from it. It may cost a lot of money compared to the usual toothbrush, but what is more important is the advantage you will get from having one.