Fishing is a significant activity as it relaxes you and relieves your stress. It is also a form of activity where you can show perseverance and teaches you patience. It is difficult to catch a fish at first, but as you slowly improve your fishing skills, you can catch one or two, eventually.
Another issue with not catching any at all may have something to do with your fishing rod. Let us discuss and review fishing rods.
Best Fishing Rods Reviews
- 1 Best Fishing Rods Reviews
- 2 What is a Fishing Rod?
- 3 Fishing Rod and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Fishing Rods are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Fishing Rod Reviews.
- 6 Buying the Best Fishing Rod
- 7 FAQ about the Best Fishing Rod
- 8 Conclusion.
- 9 Links:
What is a Fishing Rod?
The fishing rod is some sort of a long pole that is flexible and is used in fishing. It can be of bamboo for the simplest rod, and there are fishing rods made of fiberglass, graphite, or carbon fiber, which is a new generation of a composite. There are unique ways of constructing a fishing rod and also different materials used by manufacturers.
Fishing Rod and how they are used?
Fishing rods are used together with a reel and hook plus bait. They cast the fishing rod out to the body of water where there are fishes to catch. You should know the techniques used to lure a fish. After a fish got the bait, it is time to reel it in.
Fishing rods are best used during fair weather conditions, but there are also ice fishing rods that are available. There is also a technique mainly used for ice fishing.
- Portable and easy to carry, which makes it easier for the user to transport it.
- Some fishing rods even have their compartment that makes it convenient to bring it anywhere. The case will also act as a storage to keep the fishing rod from outside elements.
- Fishing rods make your casting accurate
- Some are designed well and have a better built.
- It makes it easier to catch a fish and fast.
- Some fishing rods are affordable, and anyone can buy one, and beginners can add it to their list.
- Value for your money.
- Some rod is weak and collapses while fishing.
- Some are difficult to use
- Most are heavy and not convenient to use, most especially for beginners.
- Some rods available in the market may not last long and not worth the money you invest.
- There are cases not made sturdy and do not fully protect the rod.
- Other accessories that come with the fishing rod are low-quality.
What types of Fishing Rods are there?
There are many types of Fishing Rods available in the market such as
Casting Rods – Has smaller eyelets that face upwards. We can find the strength on the bar and not the eyelets, plus you have to mount the bait-casting reel over the pole. The trigger hold on the handle is also another difference of a casting rod. You need some practice with using this one. Best for experienced fishers.
Surf Rods – You can use it when angling on the shore, which makes it longer than most ocean poles. Casting is farther as this rod allows you to cast it from afar.
Fly Rods – This type of fishing rods are pliable and can adapt in any weather. Most fishermen use it to catch a lot of fish. These fishing rods don’t have a butt underneath the reel that makes it possible for fast casting. Tangling issues is also less with this rod.
Telescopic Rods – Using and transporting this rod is convenient because you can take it with you as it is extendable when you need it but still allow you to carry it anywhere. You can transport it in a vehicle, motorcycle, or even in a bicycle.
Ice Fishing Rods – A shorter type of fishing rods and has lesser eyes in them. This fishing rod doesn’t use a reel but instead uses two contrasting snares used to wind the line around using your hand.
Pen Rods – Smaller compared to the adjustable pole and is easily collapsible and set up when the situation arises. It resembles a huge pen and considered the smallest angling pole which can fit in your backpack or even in your pocket.
Sea Fishing Rods – This rod can be used to catch bigger fish where some are even used for sharks. These rods are thick, sturdy, strong, and very solid. It has a long butt, long tips, and solid eyes.
Spinning Rods – Best for new users or those who are just trying out fishing. It is easy to use, and spin, plus the line doesn’t tangle easily. This bar also has big eyelets.
Trolling Rods – Used even when you are on top of a moving boat, which can help you reel in the catch even when moving. You can use this to catch a huge fish. Solid, sturdy, and long.
This is what we check in Fishing Rod Reviews.
Like with other products, a fishing rod is no different. When you purchase a fishing rod, you still need to check the four important factors, such as the materials used. What is the price range? How long would it last? How about cleaning and maintenance?
Some fishing rod materials are better than most, where accordingly graphite is one of the best materials there is. It is highly sensitive and is lighter compared to other materials. Fiberglass is cheaper, hence, it is more often used in fishing rods we see nowadays. There is a combination of graphite and fiberglass that are ideal and favored by experienced fishing rod users.
Every fishing rod can last long if you take care of it and use it correctly. Just like with every product, after several years, fishing rods tend to weaken with frequent use. But if you don’t want that to happen to your fishing rod soon, best to maintain as much as possible.
You can get a fishing rod for every price range. You can get a fishing rod between thirty dollars to a hundred, and then there are fishing rods priced anywhere between a hundred to almost two hundred dollars and the high-end class, which can even reach from three hundred to five hundred and up.
The longevity of your fishing rod comes with cleaning and maintenance. Always use a cover when you need to transport your fishing rods plus make sure you clean them with fresh water after use. Remove all contraptions before you store them. Dry them before storing, and of course, you have to place them in a nice storage place instead of leaving it out in the sun.
Buying the Best Fishing Rod
If you are to buy a fishing rod, you must be an enthusiast of fishing or are planning to be one, so you already have a slight idea of what you want to buy. To also give you some tips, we have collated some reminders for when you buy a fishing rod for yourself.
You need to learn about the distinct types of rods, and you can ask the help of store sellers once you are there. They can come in various sizes and different materials. Know the basics about the speed of the rod you want to get.
Asking about the power of the rod is also an excellent point to ask the seller. It can either be heavy or light-powered and will depend on where you want to go fishing. You must check what is written on the rod or the features of the fishing rod you will get. Most of the fishing rods have information about speed, power, and length. Sellers can also advise you on this one. Some warranties are lifetime warranties, so it will be beneficial for you to get a manufacturer that offers such. It can cover manufacturer defects and may vary for some brands.
There are plenty of shops to choose from online that offer fishing rods, choose which one can give you the best deal. Do not buy from just any retailers online, make sure they are legit sellers. Check each retailer’s website as this will be your chance to compare and review what they are selling.
Each of these stores will probably have the fishing rod that you are looking for, and it is up to you from which store you will buy the product. Price matching is good if another store will match the price of the other store or even willing to give you a higher discount. You can also see the reviews from their different buyers because that is how you can tell if the seller is a responsible seller and will not give you a knock off product.
FAQ about the Best Fishing Rod
What are the top-selling fishing rods today?
- Daiwa Mini spin Ultralight Spinning Reel and Rod – It is a rod and reel combo that comes with a hard case to fully protect your gear. It also has compartments for tackles, lures, floats, weights, and baits. This rod is very portable and easy to use because you can break it down in five pieces before storage.
- Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod – A fishing rod easy on the budget with features that will please you. It is durable and strong, which can last you for years. Made of graphite plus fiberglass, which makes it sturdy and will not break in two with too much pulling or reeling. There are many sizes and lines to choose from, and what’s more, this fishing rod comes with a 7-year warranty and will surely keep you grinning from ear to ear.
- Plussinno Fishing Rod and Reel – This is a complete kit that is best for those who want to have a go on fishing with not too much fuss. It is made of carbon fiber, fiberglass, aluminum inserts, and stainless steel. This fishing rod set can be your ally until after you get the experience you need to get an upgrade after a few years.
- Shimano Stiumla Spin Rod – It is light and easy to use with a two-piece spinning rod perfect for bank fishing. A fishing rod made of aluminum oxide. You can transport this at the back of your car for anytime fishing.
- Tailwaters Outfitters Toccoa Fly Rod – A four-piece fishing rod made of graphite that makes it durable and strong. Ease of assembly and convenient to transport. This rod is a fast action fly rod that is best used by experienced fishers. You get value for your money.
- Okuma Celilo Ultra Light Trout Rods – Best used for small stream fishing. They make this fishing rod of graphite, blank construction, aluminum oxide guide inserts, stainless steel, plus cork. Sturdy, and simple to use as it cast great accuracy. This fishing rod is affordable, and it can help you catch that trout you’ve been meaning to catch for months.
For those who are enthusiasts of fishing, picking the right fishing rod is a priority. Good thing several choices are available in the market, nowadays, from the most affordable to a bit high priced type of fishing rod, and you can have your pick easily. You just have to think about how long you are going to be interested in this hobby because others will invest too much knowing they will be in this activity for a long time.