Having a gas grill can make a difference in your family, most especially during weekends, when everyone is around for an eating-in-the backyard experience.
Let us give you some tips and insights so you can understand more about having your gas grills.
Best Gas Grills in Comparison
- 1 Best Gas Grills in Comparison
- 2 What is a Gas Grill?
- 3 Gas Grills and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Gas Grills are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Gas Grills Reviews.
- 6 Buying the Best Gas Grills
- 7 FAQ about the Best Gas Grills
- 8 Conclusion.
- 9 Links
What is a Gas Grill?
The idea of a gas grill came about ages ago, and the grilling of the food itself was already present in the past centuries where slabs of meat, are placed on sticks where the flame-grilled the food. Unknowingly grilling started then and was adopted by different countries throughout the years.
Gas Grills and how they are used?
Gas grills are used to cook distinct types of meat, the meat of different cut and thickness were marinated and then put on top of the grill. Cooking usually takes a few minutes, and the gas grill will do its job. Before using a gas grill, though, you have to make sure you have all that you need in place. Check the gas valve and the fuel supply. Is the gas tank working? Is there any damage that you have to look into first?
See to it you have what you need with you, such as grilling materials plus the food that you will grill.Preheating your gas grill is a must. Usually, it will take just a few minutes to do so. Put the meat/vegetables on top of the grill and start grilling. Take the necessary precaution to make sure you are not burning your food while grilling.
What types of Gas Grills are there?
Although it is all run using gas, here is differentiation for each.
Propane Gas Grills – propane gas is more portable compared to natural gas. Propane can be stored and bought at the nearest supermarket. It is also the best choice when you need to go and have a beach outing with your family or relatives.
Natural Gas Grills – this grill connects to your natural gas line, which can be found in every home. But there are also natural gas grills that are freestanding and fueled also by natural gas is not connected to a home gas line.
Freestanding Gas Grills – Mobile and portable and can be moved around as needed. It is not attached to any gas pipes or lines. Powered by either natural gas or propane.
Built-In Gas Grills – usually placed on a permanent structure, and a specific space is dedicated to the gas grill. It is not movable and fits into a certain area in your home. Usually, it is placed in the backyard or any outdoor cooking space. Often, natural gas is used for this gas grill.
Infrared Gas Grills – some prefer infrared gas grills because of its zero flare-ups, even temperature, and it gives an excellent searing quality to the meat. Infrared is powered by propane or natural gas, and the infrared technology will disperse the heat on the grill surface.
This is what we check in Gas Grills Reviews.
Most of the designs available for gas grills today are made of cast iron, highly durable stainless steel, porcelain-coated steel, which is also a forerunner in durability, and there is just plain steel.
The low-quality material will wear down a gas grill easily and will not last you longer than a year or two with frequent grilling. Make sure you are choosing one that will be sturdy for long, will not easily rust or fold after a few uses.
Prices vary with every feature added, prices shoot up. You can have a gas grill for less than $200 for the simply designed model, and you can have a high-end model for $400 up.
For you to keep the quality of your gas grill, it should be maintained and cleaned at all times. Every after grilling, remove the hardened grease and sugar, plus spices clinging to the grill. The build-up of these deposits is a sure-fire way to make your grill ugly – in just a brief period.
Using a wire brush after every grilling and before you grill is a must. After grilling, prepare all the cleaning solutions and tools. Avoid using a chemical-based cleaning solution as it will leave off an awful taste the next time you used the grill again.
Buying the Best Gas Grills
- It is the best decision to look for a stainless steel grill or can be cast aluminum, also there is cast iron. You may need to have every part of the gas grill check.
- Sellers can help discuss the features of the gas grill with you.
- You can ask about the installation requirement for the built-in gas grills and other inquiries that you need to ask while you are at the store.
- Before going to the store, you should have a list of questions with you, what to look for, features that you can scratch off after you got the answer to your inquiry, or after you have checked that the feature you are looking for is there.
- Warranty is important for this product. How many years will they service the gas grill for free? Or if for a fee, it should just be measly compared to gas grills that have no warranty.
- What if there is damage when you brought it home, will they replace the product? Ask this as well.
When buying online, there is a saying that you have to read before you buy it. Read reviews and articles about the product you are looking to buy. Here are some tips when you will buy a gas grill online.
- Be ready with the information that you collated with your online browsing.
- Make sure you have looked at the different online sellers and what models or styles of gas grill they carry.
- You must already know what model you are planning to purchase, if not you can browse on the seller’s website, check the features, warranty, and price.
- Read reviews online such as those coming from buyers from the said online store, so you are sure that the shop you are buying from has a reputable reputation.
- From your reading, check which of these online shops will give you the best price for an outstanding quality gas grill.
- You can also ask for help from the seller themselves if you are having a hard time deciding which gas grill to choose. Give the reason you are buying a gas grill is it for your family or if it is for a frequent get-together, meaning you have to buy a bigger sized gas grill. Do you have a ready gas line? So you will need a built-in gas grill for that, so forth and so on.
- Warranty, as always, should be fully discussed.
- Delivery and returns, what options do they have with returns in cases of damage upon delivery?
FAQ about the Best Gas Grills
How long will a gas grill last?
Some may last for many years and will depend on what type of gas grill you have purchased. There are high priced gas grills where users swear they have enjoyed it for years while there are brands that are not up to a standard. Cleaning and maintenance is always an enormous help and a part of being a responsible owner.
Is there a danger in owning a gas grill?
If the gas line is not properly maintained and there are no frequent check-ups and badly connected fuel sources may cause you to worry. Refer to your manual every time with maintenance, most especially, when it involves gas.
When should I clean my gas grills?
The longevity of your gas grills will also depend on your cleaning. Keeping it clean all the time ensures you of a fine, gas grill as well.
Which is cheaper, charcoal grill, or gas grills?
Charcoal also has its disadvantage, such as messy cooking and the need for loads of charcoal before you can finish cooking some meat slabs. Some may think they are saving more by buying a charcoal grill instead of a gas grill but then again it will be up to your preference and if grilling is your family’s hobby every weekend, I think it is best to invest in something that you can all use for a long time.
What are the top 5 best gas grills available in the market today?
Here are the top 5 gas grills out in the market, they differ in price and have different features.
- Dyna-Glo 3 Burner, Smart Space Living Gas Grill – It has many features such as ample space because of the 2-folding side tables, high BTU, beautifully styled, elegant looking.
- Cuisinart 5-Burner Gas Grill 3 in 1 – Stainless steel has 5-burners with 12,000 BTU. Plenty of space as well for other ingredients or tools you will need while cooking.
- Broil King Regal Pro5 S590 Natural Gas – Outstanding temperature control, 5-burners, sizeable cooking space, LED illuminated knobs, great warranty.
- Lynx Grills, Built-in 5 Burner with Rotisserie 54″ – High-end, stunning design, best for a big get-together, brass burners, superior quality, durable.
- Weber Spirit II Gas Grill E-310LP – High-quality yet priced just right, outstanding ignition system, easy and fast cooking, 10-year warranty, durable and sturdy and will not easily rust because of extreme weather.
Having your gas grill can also be a part of some family tradition as it brings families closer. Grilling while the weather is perfect and the entire family is outside, having fun is just too perfect to miss. So getting a gas grill that will work for you and your family is a must.
Getting a best-quality and durable gas grill should always be the aim, as it should also be an investment that you do not regret making.