Women love their hair so much that they will spend money to make it beautiful and to keep it looking gorgeous. Each time there is a party they like to attend to or any gatherings they need to be present at, they need to have their hair fixed. Women’s hair when it is beautiful and well-set gives them so much confidence. Most of them should thank the invention of Hair Straighteners.
Best Hair Straighteners in Comparison
- 1 Best Hair Straighteners in Comparison
- 2 What is Hair Straightener?
- 3 Hair Straightener and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Hair Straighteners are there?
- 5 This is what we checked in Hair Straighteners Reviews.
- 6 Buying the Best Hair Straightener
- 7 FAQ about Hair Straightener
- 8 CONCLUSION
- 9 Links
What is Hair Straightener?
Hair straighteners have been available for centuries.
Hair Straightener and how they are used?
You can bring a hair straightener anywhere as long as you can connect it to an electric outlet. It needs a few minutes to heat, and then it is ready. It can flatten curly hair or unruly hair that is all out of place. It flattens the hair section by section until every strand is all in place and coiffed correctly. There are unique types of hair straighteners out in the market with distinct features and highlights and they also differ in price.
- Easy to use. Since you can bring your hair straightener with you anywhere, hair straightening is no longer a problem. You only need to heat it for a few seconds to a minute, then you can straighten your hair as much as you like. There are also available hair straighteners that are just newly released in the market that are portable and rechargeable.
- Convenient. There is no need for you to schedule an appointment with the salon and go there, which is sometimes inconvenient, cause you need to consider your time and your busy life. You can also touch-ups wherever you are.
- Straightens hair in no time. Straightening the hair using the straightening tool doesn’t take you too long, most especially if you are just touching upon flyaway hair or some curls here and there. The process is simple, and you can do it in a few minutes. If you require completely straightened hair, you may need more than a few minutes to do so.
- It creates unique looks for you. You can have the upper portion of your hair straightened while leaving the lower half with its curls, or you can have some portion straightened while leaving the other portions as it is. It is up to your preference.
- Hair can get brittle with too much use. Too much heat can cause hair brittleness as it strips your hair of essential oils and protein. In the long run, split ends will start appearing.
- Loses shine and can dry hair. When too much heat is applied to your hair, it will lose its shine and will also dry up your hair. Since it exposes your hair to such a high temperature, this will lead to hair dullness in the long run. You may need to add some hair protection before any hair straightening, such as using heat protectants or having your hair conditioned every week.
- The hairstyle is temporary. Hair that is straightened with a flat iron can only last for some hours, it will return to its original style especially if you get your hair wet.
- It causes hair fall to some. Sometimes when you use such high heat during the straightening process, hair strands tend to fall off. Also, with daily use of the hair straightener, the damage on the hair will be gradual and you will notice some hair loss.
- You may need to do it daily if you want straight hair. If you want beautiful and straight hair, you need to make it a habit, which is an inconvenience and time-consuming.
- The weight of the hair straightener may depend on what type of hair you have. There are hair straighteners with different plates for different types of hair, if your hair is that curly and thick, you may need to get the more heavy-duty hair straighteners that are sometimes too heavy for some.
- May cause you some injury when in use. If you are not careful while using hair straighteners, the tendency of you getting burned is high.
What types of Hair Straighteners are there?
There are distinct types of Hair Straighteners available in the market. Let us read on.
Titanium Hair Straighteners
Best for coarse or thick hair because of its easy heat transfer system. It also distributes heat and releases negative ions that are a sure-fire way to tame unruly and frizzy hair strands. The result is a shiny, sleek, straight hair. It can also be for women with thin hair because it has different heat settings for simple control of the heat. Also known to be a very durable type of hair straightener.
Tourmaline Hair Straightener
This hair straightener also releases negative ions that will suit damaged and unhealthy hair. This hair straightener releases both positive and negative ions that will help you in taming your hair. Results in shiny and straightened hair. It requires less heat for this straightener and can easily straighten the hair in fewer minutes, it can straighten hair without damaging it. Tourmaline technology also helps in locking hair moisture instead of removing it from your hair.
Ceramic Hair Straighteners
A non-metallic material that has a lower price than the previously mentioned hair straighteners. Women with fine and thin hair can use it. It gives you smoother, straightened hair. The ceramic hair straighteners also do not heat too much and can be regulated with its different heat temperature control.
Many women also prefer these straighteners because it is at a cheaper price range.
Ionic Hair Straighteners
This hair straightener gives off negative ions while neutralizing positive ions at the same time. These straighteners are best for dry, coarse, frizzy, and curly. If you would like to use this on finer hair types, put it on low heat to avoid damaging hair.
Wet to Dry Hair straighteners
You can use this straightener even if you’re done with shampooing your hair and need to get your hair ready fast. This straightener has a venting system, which makes it possible for you to straighten hair even when wet. You may also use this when you have coarse or thick hair.
This is what we checked in Hair Straighteners Reviews.
With the introduction of different hair straighteners in the marketplace, you will get confused and may also have a hard time finding the one straightener for you. There are many factors why we bought a certain product where some significant factors are the materials used during the production of the product, longevity, price, cleaning and if there is any maintenance needed for the product.
The material used in the making of hair straighteners gives these hair straighteners their quality and this is where they differ.
There are hair straighteners considered being of top quality as they last more than the others. They also came with a higher price.
As with any other products that you buy, there is some cleaning needed to keep your product long-lasting. There is also some maintenance for other hair straighteners to keep them working well.
Buying the Best Hair Straightener
Most women will buy hair straighteners because they have seen the same tool used in the salon or a relative prod them to buy the same brand. But how do you buy the best hair straightener? How do you know that you are buying the best there is? That compared to the other brands, you are getting your money’s worth with the one you purchased?
There are two ways you can buy the hair straightener such as going to the store or doing your purchase online.
- Going to the store to buy your hair straightener may be the best way to buy because you can inspect the straighteners yourself and see each model. You can review each of the products from the design, weight, heat control, etc.
- You can check the quality of the different straighteners for sale. While doing so, you can at the same time compare the prices of each.
- While you are comparing, you can also examine each of the tools that are on display and practice using it on your hair with the help of the store assistant.
- When you are checking each of the models of hair straighteners inside the store, you can also check how much each of the straighteners weight and you will know which one fits you best.
- Ask the help of the store associate and see what he can recommend for you to buy. Listen to what he has to say as they have also good input about the unique items they sell.
- If you have questions or are confused with the pricing of two tools that you both like, the store associate can also discuss with you the qualities of each and then you can decide from there. He may also have some input on reviews made by some buyers.
- Buying online can daunt most especially if you cannot try the product yourself. What you can do to make things easier for you to decide is to go online. Make a comparison of the product you may like to buy, some sites have a comparison page, like when you are comparing cellphone you want to buy. You need to input the model of each, then you will see the prices, reviews that are available online. There is also a forum online where you can read about the input of buyers of a certain product.
- You may also write an email to the seller and someone from their customer service may give you an answer you require.
- You may also ask for help from your friends or relatives who may have bought a hair straightener and ask what they can suggest for you. Most of them have already checked the reviews, have gone online, and made some comparisons like you.
- Before purchasing online, you need to ask the seller about their payment method, what return policy they have if in case there is some issue with the product delivered and about their money-back guarantee if any.
FAQ about Hair Straightener
Are there available cordless hair straighteners?
Yes. Here are the top 5 cordless hair straighteners
- Deogra Cordless Mini Flat Iron USB rechargeable (ceramic tourmaline plates)
- CHI Escape Battery Powered Hair Straightener (titanium technology)
- Babyliss Portable Flat Iron (ceramic technology)
- Carmen Wireless Hair Straightener (Keratin Protech Plates)
- Ukliss USB Mini Flat Iron (ceramic technology)
What are the top 5 hair straighteners in the market today?
- Dyson Coralle (3 temperature settings, cordless)
- GHD Original IV Professional Styler (one heat setting, with cord)
- GHD Platinum Plus (one heat setting, corded)
- Cloud Nine The Wide iron (7 heat settings, with cord)
- L’Oreal Professional Steampod 2.0 (5 heat settings, corded)
How do you choose the best hair straighteners?
You should know your hair type and then check out the different hair straighteners in the market with many temperature settings, that way you can gauge which heat is perfect for your hair.
What hair formula should I use that should best protect my hair while straightening?
There are available serums in the market that are best used before ironing your hair, some are leave-on cream after shampooing your hair. These solutions can do well to protect your hair during the straightening process.
Hoping this article helps with your hair straightener purchase.