Having a mini oven at home is for people who are cooking enthusiasts. If you are going to bake a small batch of food or perhaps you only need to try a new recipe like baking sweet potatoes or making cheese with tomato crackers, or you just need to toast some nuts, a mini oven is your go-to for this kind of fast cooking.
Best Mini Ovens in Comparison
- 1 Best Mini Ovens in Comparison
- 2 What is a Mini Oven?
- 3 Mini Oven, and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Mini Oven are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Mini Oven Reviews
- 6 Buying the Best Mini Oven
- 7 FAQ about the Best Mini Oven
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Links:
What is a Mini Oven?
Mini ovens are just called that – mini, but in truth, it has a big role in every kitchen. What you can do with a big oven, you can do with a mini oven, but in a smaller quantity.
Mini Oven, and how they are used?
Mini ovens often come with a manual on how you will operate it, and often it is easy and will require no excellent knowledge about the installation of appliances and such.
You can use it for reheating leftovers e.g. Pizza, chickencutlets, or even fried chicken, and fries are easy, with the use of a mini oven. Broiling is effortless, and as long as you keep the food at just the right position inside the mini-oven, and look at it from time to time while cooking, you will have broiled meat in time, including fish, shrimp, or even vegetables.
Baking in a mini oven can even top a full-sized oven with its fast and easy cooking. The temperature inside the oven is regulated, and you just need to configure the right degree depending on what you will bake.
Cookies, muffins, a cupcake is doable with a mini oven. Cakes are also possible, like chocolate cakes, baked apples, and a whole lot more.
What types of Mini Oven are there?
The types include a Standard Mini Oven, Convection oven, Infrared countertop mini-oven, and Rotisserie mini oven.
Countertop Mini Oven
Mostly used for toasting bread, heating pizza, or any bread roll. This type is more affordable as it is just small and compact to be placed on your countertop. It can be your go-to the oven when you like to just heat the leftover food as well if you don’t own a microwave or not at ease in using a microwave.
It can fit a few slices of bread or bagels in one cooking. There are different settings to choose from and temperature. Brands, sizes, and features will depend on what you prefer, as there are many to choose from.
Countertop convection mini oven
This oven heats and cooks food faster because of the convection technology where the hot air inside moves around to evenly cook the food. It also makes cooking faster because of the well-dispersed temperature. This will save you on electricity and time as well. They liken the taste of the food to food cooked in a conventional oven.
Rotisserie Mini Oven
This type can cook a whole chicken or slab of meat inside and will turn out tasty and well-cooked meat, all the time. The juicy and tasty quality you look for in roasted meat is all achieved here. This is a pleasant addition in your home when you want to have a delightful meal with your family, you can easily whip up a whole roasted chicken or roasted juicy veal in less than an hour.
However, if you would rather have different cooking styles using your mini-oven, you can look for the type with a rotisserie feature. This will cost you a bit to purchase, but you get to enjoy cooking different types of meals on it.
Infrared Countertop Mini Oven
This type is not as common as the other mini-oven, but it cooks food rapidly with the use of light energy. It just not heat food quickly, but cooking is even, and there are no hot spots that cause burning on other parts of the meat while some parts are raw.
This is what we check in Mini Oven Reviews
The mini oven has been in the market for decades, and people have learned to love its use in their kitchen. Here, we have reviewed the materials used, price, longevity, and cleaning of mini ovens.
The oven’s materials include stainless steel or galvanized with a coating of acrylic enamel, while they make the cooking surface of glass or sometimes ceramic. There are switches, timers, and motors. The components, mostly comprise metal and a bit of plastic for some hardware that links the whole oven together.
Mini ovens are expected to last for 6 to 10 years, while some brands last longer. The longevity of the mini-oven will also depend on its usage and its maintenance. Some have reported that they have their mini oven for over 15 years and still counting.
For a simple countertop mini-oven, you can get it for as low as $80 cause some brands sell it for as low as that. The other brands can go hundreds.
- Cleaning the interior of the mini oven is easy as long as you have warm water plus a bit of dish soap, and you are ready. You can use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe the sides and remove sticky substances or drippings if any. Then do this to other interior parts while avoiding the heating elements.
- Remove the tray and rack and wash it with water and soap. Make sure it is no longer hot to touch before you remove any parts of the mini oven.
- Remove crumbs that have fallen to the bottom of the oven.
- Do not scrub the inside with any pointy or sharp object to remove any sticking food ingredients within, wipe it with a damp cloth and let it soften before removing it altogether.
- Do not soak the oven toaster in water or splash it with liquid to clean the external portion. Be careful as well with the electrical plug that it will not get soaked in water.
- You can do the same thing outside by wiping it with a clean, damp cloth till every dirt and food crumbs are removed.
- Wipe the internal and external parts of the mini oven before you put it in storage. Make sure that every part is dry.
Buying the Best Mini Oven
Since many brands are available in the market, you may get confused about what you want to purchase. Here are some things to remember when purchasing a mini oven.
- It is best if you know what mini oven you would like to buy before going to the store.
- Once inside the store, you can then check the different mini ovens on display, and at the same time, you can estimate the size if it will fit in your kitchen.
- You should have a note of what size you need so you can ask the help of the seller as well and have it measured even.
- You must have something in the mind of what type of cooking you will do so you can check which mini oven is best for your plan of cooking.
- The temperature matters as well and will depend on what cooking you will be doing the most. Baking has its set of temperatures and roasting or broiling, so this is significant also.
- You may like the preset settings that the mini oven has. There are standard settings such as broil, bake, roast, warm, pizza, brown, reheat, so forth, and so on.
- Check the timer and auto shut off setting so that when you need to leave it for a few minutes, you know it will turn off by itself.
- Of course, you need a mini oven that you can use easily use and which will not stress you out.
- Prices will differ and will depend on the features each mini oven has, pick the one where you can pay little for as many features as you can get.
- Ask the warranty and how many years can you depend on it as well.
- Sometimes it is confusing to buy online, but as long as you have read the reviews and ratings of the product you are buying, you can somehow be at ease.
- Review which seller carries the mini oven that you are planning to buy and which one will offer the best price.
- You should also ask if they have discounts if in case, so you will get more savings.
- Check the warranty and what do they have about the return policy.
- Ask who will pay for the return if anything is not right with the product they delivered after you purchased from them.
FAQ about the Best Mini Oven
What are the brands of a trustworthy manufacturer of mini ovens?
Here are the brands, just to name a few.
- Broil King
- Hamilton Beach
What can I cook in a mini oven?
You can heat and cook pizza, melted cheese sandwich, muffins, baked eggs, roasted chicken/pork/veal, baked vegetables, cupcakes, and many more.
Is it possible to cook a hamburger in a mini oven?
This is easy with the use of a mini oven. You can also set the temperature and will depend on how you want your hamburger e.g. rare, medium, or well done.
With the mini oven’s ease of use and convenience, many homeowners are buying mini-oven instead of the regular-sized oven.
We have discussed some pros and cons of buying a mini oven with the types of cooking. You can now decide for yourself if you think you would rather live with one or if you would rather not buy one for yourself.