Motorcycle Helmets are equipment that is very important for motorcycle riders. It is very significant to motorcycle users because of the protection it gives them. There are different designs that you can see in the marketplace and you can choose the right fit for you.
Best Motorcycle Helmets Reviews
- 1 Best Motorcycle Helmets Reviews
- 2 What is a Motorcycle Helmet?
- 3 Motorcycle Helmet and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Motorcycle Helmets are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Motorcycle Helmet Reviews.
- 6 Buying the Best Motorcycle Helmet
- 7 FAQ about the Best Motorcycle Helmet
- 8 Conclusion.
- 9 Links:
What is a Motorcycle Helmet?
Motorcycle helmets were invented more than a century ago it was first used for racing but some studies were made about head trauma and injuries during that time. A few years after, they made the use of helmets compulsory for military motorcyclists only. Decades after, in 1973, they have made the use of motorcycle helmets compulsory in the United Kingdom.
The materials used to make a helmet are Polycarbonate, styrofoam and Koroyd, Acrylic with Polycarbonates, Polypropylene, and foam.
Motorcycle Helmet and how they are used?
Motorcycle helmets are a helmet used by riders of motorcycles. The goal is to protect the head of the rider from trauma and injury during a forceful impact. It is considered very important equipment for a motorcycle rider because their lives could depend on it.
- Provide protection. Wearing a helmet can give up to 90% protection from head injury and traumas. It can save your life.
- Following the law. You are using a helmet as the law requires it in some parts of the US.
- The best protection from outside elements. Powerful wind can sometimes hurt your eyes while you are riding your motorcycle, sometimes there are rocks or debris that may be flying around you while you ride and can be hazardous while you are on the road.
- Takes time to wear. Motorcycle riders when in a hurry would rather leave without wearing a helmet, they feel that wearing one disrupts them and that it takes adjustment and fitting before you can go.
- It makes a mess of your hair. Wearing a helmet may not be pleasant news for vain people who have well-kept hair with some hair gel and such. A helmet will surely cause disheveled hair.
- Having to wear a helmet lessens the overall idea of being cool. Using a helmet to some may dampen their free-spirited and cool style that they are going for.
What types of Motorcycle Helmets are there?
Six types of motorcycle helmets are available in the market. Below are the difference and comparisons.
Considered the best helmet to help cover the rider’s entire head and face. Injuries to your head and skull are prevented. The full-face helmets protect the wearer from blowing wind on their face, lessens noise level of the other vehicle and safety from outside elements such as floating debris, rains, and sunlight. The helmet may be a bit heavy as it is also bulky compared to the other helmets.
Half Face Helmet
This helmet can keep your face open while covering your head. It covers your face with a visor, but this helps in keeping you have a view of your surroundings. But if in case of an accident this helmet can protect your head more than your face.
You may use sunglasses while wearing this helmet in adding resistance to environmental elements. This helmet is also beneficial to those who feel smothered by using a full-face helmet, and there is no issue with taking a sip of water when thirsty while you are traveling.
Half Shell Helmet
This helmet can protect your skull up to the ear area. It has the best price because it is cheaper but adds little protection for you. The face, jaws, and your neck is exposed without protection which makes any accident dangerous and the parts mentioned are prone to injuries. This helmet is ideal for those who use a scooter for a short distance ride but still, it requires extra care.
Where the combination of a full-face helmet and a half helmet is made. Your face is covered but you can pull the covering to expose your face and if you prefer riding with a half-face helmet, then this one is your choice. Although more on the heavier side, this helmet offers better protection and is also convenient for you. This helmet also exposes the wearer to some wind, noise, and rain. If you are looking for one like this, be sure to check the parts and choose the one of outstanding quality so you can be sure of its durability.
Dual Sport Helmet
Used by professional bikers and has higher safety ratings compared to the other helmets. Bikers use high-speed motorbikes and thus need additional protection while doing so. This helmet has a hefty price as well since it is popular with professional bikers and there are many brands to choose from and coming from companies that manufacture high-quality helmets.
It is best used on off-road areas by rider taking part in off-road motorcycling, they use dirt bikes, specially designed for off-road adventures. Off-road refers to driving in rough surfaces that are formed naturally, such as gravel, sand, a river, mud, or even snow. This helmet looks very cool when worn and it also keeps your face safe from dirt and debris while riding.
This is what we check in Motorcycle Helmet Reviews.
There are varying designs that you can find in the market offering different protection for motorcycle riders. We are focusing and looking at four significant factors such as the materials used, longevity or durability of the product, its price, and another one on the list is its maintenance.
We review the best material used on the helmets to see how each differ from each other. There is a difference in weight, scope of protection, comfort while in use, and where it is aptly used.
We also looked at every helmet’s durability since it is also one we have to consider when buying a motorcycle helmet. We review its longevity when it is used daily and when the helmet is rarely used.
We made a comparison of the price as well because with all the motorcycle helmets you can go wrong in buying the higher-priced helmet when you can buy one that also offers the same quality at a cheaper price.
Each helmet upon review, we found out that some need more cleaning than others. Some helmets have more screws than others and require periodic cleaning, dusting, and wiping.
Buying the Best Motorcycle Helmet
With every purchase that you do, always keep in mind that checking the quality and other important details about the product should be your priority. It doesn’t matter if you buy it online or in-store but it is important to be wary as well so you know you are getting your money’s worth with every purchase.
- This is the best way to buy a motorcycle helmet because you can fit it in your head and will know immediately how comfortable it is while you wear it.
- You can also request from the seller if you can at least try 3-5 helmets they have on display.
- Ask the seller if they can also assist you on what is their best seller and if it is not on display.
- You may also ask for some discounts while you are at the store since you are buying it then and there some shops offer some discounts for such a purchase.
- Ask for the seller’s reviews as well because they have vast ideas on what they are selling.
- Check and compare each of the helmets that the seller will show you.
- Ask about the warranty because this is important as well, most especially with helmets that you will use most of the time.
Online buying is convenient because, with just a click here and there, you will receive your product on your doorstep.
- Since you are buying online, be ready, and learn about the helmet you are buying.
- Get busy, check online, and see reviews of each helmet that you want to buy.
- Compare each helmet so that when you are talking online with the seller, you will know what you are talking about and you only need to ask a few questions here and there.
- Ask the seller as well about their best sellers, they will surely tell you all their highly sought motorcycle helmets and you can also start from there.
- If there are any discounts they can give you, best to ask them early on.
- Confirm if there is a warranty with every purchase, you don’t want to be left with a helmet that doesn’t work for you because of the loose screws and such.
- Ask about their delivery procedure and if they have any return policy in place.
FAQ about the Best Motorcycle Helmet
What are the top 10 brands of safest motorcycle helmets?
- Shoei RF-1200 Helmet – Full Face. Used for racing and the usual motorcycle ride.
- Arai XD4 Helmet – Full Face used for adventure, motorsport, and casual riding. Lofty comfortability standards and protection.
- Bell Qualifier DLX Full-Face Helmet – with Bluetooth stereo headset and intercom. We consider this helmet very affordable and shields very well.
- O’Neal Unisex-Adult Sierra 2 Helmet – Full Face. Adventure touring helmets. Affordable.
- Shoei Solid Neotec 2 Modular Helmet – Full Face. It can be used for racing. Expensive.
- Bell Custom 500 – Open Face. Classic and vintage style. Lots of space inside. This helmet can make use of any accessories as long as it is attachable to it. Gives you an old days college and sports team vibe.
- Bell Moto-9 MIPS Off-road Motorcycle Helmet – Full Face. Mostly used by motocross riders. Considered the best helmet there is. Great ventilation and many safety features. There are also lots of designs to choose from. Highly comfortable to use.
- Bell Pit Boss Motorcycle Helmet – Open-Face with a drop-down internal sunshade visor. Pricey considering it is a half-helmet design.
- ScorpionExo Covert Unisex-Adult – Half-size style, with a drop-down visor. The high-quality mechanism used. Considered expensive by some people.
- HJC Star Wars CS-R3 Storm Trooper Motorcycle Helmet – Unisex and Adult use. Full Face. Used by many racers. Top-quality and solidly made. Inclusion of shield visor and easy release lock mechanism.
What makes a perfect Motorcycle Helmet?
It should be so comfortable that the wearer doesn’t feel that it’s there, but he is sure that he is well-protected at all times.
Which is safer, a full-face helmet, or a half-face helmet?
For the protection it can give the rider, the full-face helmet has better protection because it will keep both your head and your face from sustaining severe injuries. But deciding which is the best one for you will still be up to your preference.
When buying the best motorcycle helmet you should always do your research. Make a comparison of all the motorcycle that are available and those that have excellent reviews. Do not be a price trigger that when you see a high priced helmet you want to buy it instantly. There are many factors that you need to check first.
Testing and certification are one, where there are measures taken to check the durability and safety standard of each helmet and you will see it at the back of the helmet. Another is the size, comfort, and how it fits well with your head size. You will wear this frequently and you cannot buy something that suffocates you while you wear it, so be careful when choosing the helmet size. Some important details are the warranty, additional features, and design.