Aka Paddleboard, SUP board (stand up board) has become popular in recent years. If you can balance yourself to stand on the paddleboard, you will enjoy this fun water sports. There is no age limit for those who want to enjoy this exciting activity.
Best Sup Boards Reviews
What is a Sup Board?
SUP board or also known as Stand Up Paddle Board.
Sup Board and how they are used?
The participant will need to choose a body of water that is calm such as a pond or lake instead of going to a body of water that has many obstacles that may sometimes hinder you from enjoying the experience of paddleboarding. It is also ideal to go out when it is sunny and less wind is felt.
They require that you go out and try this activity with a buddy, most especially if you are just starting this activity for the first time. You can paddle as long as you like or as little as your body can take – as this may be strenuous for some with the long-standing and paddling.
Solid Board SUPs
- Variety. With solid boards, there are available sizes that fit your body weight.
- Stable. Solid feel special when you are in the water and you are encountering waves.
- Performance. With solid boards, performance is smoother, and there is less effort in paddling.
- Easy to bring. With inflatable sup board, there is no need for a large room to place it because you can just store it in a bag and have it inflated when you get to where you will use it.
- Best to bring when traveling. Traveling with an inflatable is very convenient because there are no extra fees you need to pay when bringing it with you on a plane, also the legroom you need for it is less.
- Cushion. While you are using the sup boards, sometimes you will lose your balance most especially if it’s just your first time, with the inflatable there is a softer surface to fall on. It is easy and will not hurt you that much when you smack your face on it.
- Stable. Considered stable just like a hardboard.
- Storage. There is no need for bigger storage space since you just need to deflate it and roll it.
Solid Board SUPs
- Heavy. For those who have a slight frame, bringing the board may be heavy yes, each board is according to the rider’s weight, and when in water it is lightweight, but on land, it is a different story.
- Storage. You need to have designated storage for your board since you can’t just leave it lying around your lawn or your area the whole time. It is not foldable. It is well-advised that hardboards be stored in a shed, garage, or any covered area so it will not be directly under the sun’s rays which may shorten the longevity of your board.
- Need designated space when traveling. You can put it at the back of your SUV or your car, when you are traveling by plane you may need to pay a fee to bring it with you.
- Maintenance. As with other products, you will also need to have it cleaned every after use, mild soap plus water to cleanse your board before storage.
- Well inflated. To enjoy this board’s rigidity, you need to have the correct inflation first otherwise it will not perform well on water. There will also be an issue where part of the board tends to sink, e.g. the middle portion of the board.
- Pricey. They don’t come cheap and can also be likened to prices of hardboard SUP. The quality is nothing to scoff at, hence, pricing is on the high range.
- Not as easy to shift. When you are shifting or maneuvering this board, you will have difficulty at first, unlike using hardboard sup. But with a lot of practice, you can get the hang of it after some time.
- Longevity issue. Some of these inflatable sup boards tend to break down after some time of use. Exposure to heat and sun’s UV hastens the breakdown of the material and the glue dissipates. But if you get the prime quality and durable type, you can enjoy it for long.
What types of Sup Board are there?
There are 3 types according to the following
Allround – this type is thicker, longer, and wider. Versatile and is the best choice for first-time users. Allround meaning it is multipurpose with the right stability, glide, and tracking. We can use it in flat water for paddling or for touring the open sea.
Flatwater/race – this board is considered longer compared to the allround board but can be used for flat water and in the open ocean exploration. They make this board pointy to help it glide with the needed speed on the water. It can also be used for beginners. But it is often used for racing.
Surf – shorter compared to the other sup boards and has a narrow nose that most surfers love to use. It is because the maneuverability of this board is best with waves but considered slower and not advised for flatwater because of its stability issue. Not for first-time users.
This is what we check in Sup Board Reviews
Sup board is made for your enjoyment. The relaxing time you will spend paddling on a calm lake is just too precious to forego. But before buying one of these Sup Board, we look at some important aspects such as the material used, longevity, price, and cleaning. These factors are very important when you buy any product.
The material used varies that makes each of the types mentioned differ in weight, design, over-all look, and performance.
With the materials used, some will give you many years of enjoyment, but other materials may not. It will depend on what type you will invest in.
The prices differ most especially if you are getting the high-quality material and purchasing the best-designed sup board.
As with every product, cleaning and maintenance is a must. With a sup board, you need to clean it once in a while and make sure you store it in the right place and not just leave it outside in the sun.
Buying the Best Sup Board
When you buy a SUP board, there are things you have to keep in mind such as the type you would like to buy, what you know about the activity or are you a beginner and where you will use it, is it for leisure or racing or you are planning to use it to explore the open sea? So, before purchase here are some reminders whether you are buying it instore or online.
- Good thing you are instore so you can inspect the sup board yourself.
- Inspect the board. If you need one you have to be able to carry it when you go to the water. If you are getting a hardboard, the weight is an issue so better check it. If you are planning to get an inflatable SUP board, this will have to be inflated in front of you if there is no available inflated SUP on display for you to inspect.
- Check the material. While you are in the store, you have the chance to see the materials used and will help you decide which one to get.
- Ask for help from the seller. Seller will help you decide because they will tell you which is their most sought selection.
- Price. Once you have selected the type you like, you can compare this from another design that is on display and review each. If the other one on display has the best features that are notable but are priced just right for your budget, you may need to consider your options.
- Warranty. This purchase must also have a warranty, and a lifetime warranty is better than a limited warranty.
- Online purchase is easier and convenient, but the thing is you also need to do your homework. There are reviews made online most especially with SUP boards as many people are into this activity. There is also forum chat you can visit online because you can get ideas from different users of SUP boards.
- Review. Read reviews online before immediately purchasing the first sup board you see. This will prevent you from buying the wrong sup board.
- Ask questions. This will be most helpful for you if the seller will answer all your inquiries, they can also give you advice or feedback from other buyers and will help you in deciding.
- Ask for the pricing and discount. If they can give you a discount, if you will purchase from them it is an enormous factor.
- Warranty, Delivery, return policy. What warranty do they include? How about their delivery, will they deliver it for free? Ask about the return policy just so you know what to do when you receive a faulty item.
FAQ about the Best Sup Board
How to find the best Sup Board?
If you are just a beginner, you may need help from someone who knows what to look for when buying one. Or you can ask the help of the seller to explain to you the board shapes, quality materials, and which one is better – hardboard or inflatable.
Are there any benefits to SUP boarding activity?
- There are plenty of benefits such as enjoyable exercise and work out while you are out paddling and balancing on the board.
- It calms you every time you go out at the pond or lake or even in the open sea. The beauty of your surrounding will give you a positive outlook after.
- Good for all ages and you can even enjoy it with your family and friends.
Which should I choose? A Hardboard SUP or an ISUP?
This is according to your preference. If you have good storage or you can easily bring your SUP board with you when you travel, you may decide on getting a hardboard but if you do not have big storage and traveling is an issue, better get inflatable SUP.
What are samples of Best Stand Up Paddle Boards?
- Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board – inflatable, all-around use.
- Peak Navigator Rigid Epoxy Stand Up Paddle Board – Molded ABS, all-around SUP.
- iROCKER Cruiser Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board – Inflatable, highest weight capacity.
- THURSO Surf Waterwalker Inflatable Paddle Board at a Glance – Beautiful design, inflatable.
- NIXY Newport SUP Inflatable SUP Board – Stronger, durable with the fusion lamination feature.
Do you need to get training first before getting a SUP board
Stand up paddleboarding is a fun activity for all ages. It gives not only a great work out but will also give you a calming effect and a beautiful experience every time.