Having a set of pearly white teeth gives you the confidence to smile often.
Best Teeth Whitening Products in Comparison
- 1 Best Teeth Whitening Products in Comparison
- 2 What is Teeth Whitening?
- 3 Teeth Whitening and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Teeth Whitening are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Teeth Whitening Reviews
- 6 Buying the best Teeth Whitening
- 7 FAQ about the Best Teeth Whitening
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Links:
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a process of making your previously stained or yellow teeth to become white. Whitening products are available in the market and mostly comprise hydrogen peroxide and sometimes carbamide peroxide or both.
There are two ways to whiten your teeth, it can be done at the dental care office or at home, where you will be the one applying the teeth whitening products yourself.
Teeth whitening is not for everyone, especially if you have tooth filling, as the process of whitening teeth may not be effective here. The dentist will advise you on what to do or what to use.
Teeth Whitening and how they are used?
When teeth whitening is done in-office, the process is usually longer, plus the outcome is better. There is heat or light that is used on your teeth together with the teeth whitening solution to speed up the whitening process or to intensify the whitening.
When done at home, usually you will be given a solution or whitening strips, sometimes whitening gel. These strips are applied directly to the teeth. It contains peroxide that helps to whiten and remove stains.
There are also teeth whitening with the use of a tray-based tooth bleaching solution where a mouth guard-like tray is filled with a gel that is peroxide-based then placed on the teeth for an hour. This is religiously done for a few weeks or so, depending on what your dentist advised.
Another is with the use of toothpaste that has tooth whitening capability, it is used just like the usual toothpaste, but the toothpaste contains a chemical or polishing agent or bleaching agent that helps lessen the stains in your teeth. The shade of your teeth also improves and whitens even just a bit.
- The most obvious advantage is you’ll be having a brighter smile because of the teeth whitening solution. Teeth become three shades lighter.
- Teeth whitening gives you whiter teeth and replaces yellowing teeth color.
- Makes you appear youthful. Stained or yellow teeth make you look older.
- The light shade lasts for about a year, but still depends on how often you drink coffee, tea, and sodas.
- You get to do the process faster instead of using the usual toothpaste that will clean your teeth but not whiten them.
- Teeth whitening process is faster with the whitening solution.
- Gives you more reason to smile. You are no longer embarrassed with your teeth color.
- Some teeth whitening solution causes sensitivity after the process. There are cases where those who undergo teeth whitening experience teeth sensitivity for a few days.
- May be expensive and will cost you more to have it done.
- There are uneven shades if you have tooth fillings. There will be uneven whitening, and may not look as satisfying as the rest of the teeth.
- You may need to ask your doctor’s advice about the teeth whitening, so you’ll know what to expect. You also need to discuss the expenses with your doctor.
- It will cost you as some teeth whitening processes are expensive, most especially laser teeth whitening.
What types of Teeth Whitening are there?
Custom Fit Tray Teeth Whitening
Trays that have a teeth whitening solution are fitted to the teeth for a certain period, depending on how far the discoloration of the teeth is. The trays will ensure that the whitening solution will not come out from the tray, and there is enough to whiten the entire set of teeth.
This style whitens teeth fast and is safe.
Although there are products in the market that are not a custom fit, this is advised against cause it can irritate your gums and mouth.
Laser Teeth Whitening/Bleaching
The laser is the fastest, but the most expensive amongst all the whitening treatment. The process is done in a very short period, unlike when you use other ways of teeth whitening.
Gums and other parts of the mouth are covered and protected before your teeth are lasered. Your dentist will let you know what to expect as well by showing you color or shade samples.
If you are not suitable for laser bleaching, your dentist will also tell you and advise what to use in exchange.
This is the easiest whitening solution to purchase. You can buy it in the convenience store, and you can bring it home with you to use anytime you prefer.
They place the strips on the top row of your teeth and then at the bottom row as well.
Regular toothpaste can clean your teeth and gums, but whitening toothpaste helps lessen the stains and discoloration on your teeth. It may take longer to see results, and you may get bored with waiting for it. But for those who have more faith in using this product, they swore on seeing results after a few weeks.
Whitening toothpaste may just cost more compared to regular toothpaste, they even consider some whitening toothpaste expensive.
This is what we check in Teeth Whitening Reviews
With any products that we will purchase, we should know four things, and they are the materials used in making the product, its price, longevity, and the cleaning process.
Teeth whitening products contain a big percentage of hydrogen peroxide. This acts as a bleaching agent and acts as a compound that can oxidize and causes the stain from the teeth to get removed.
This material, however, also has a damaging effect on your teeth in the long run and should not be used in high concentrations. Sometimes there is sensitivity to this product where gums and teeth show signs of sensitivity after application.
Depending on what you used to whiten teeth, longevity may vary.
- When you get your teeth whitened in-office based, you may need to prepare any amount between $500 to $1000.
- When you use at-home bleaching solutions such as strips or gel, you may need to shell out $10 to $60.
- Tray-based tooth bleaching solution may cost $150 to $700.
- Teeth whitening toothpaste may cost you $3 and up.
Gels, toothpaste is stored and kept in a safe place so there won’t be any elements that can get mixed in the solution, and it will stay clean.
Buying the best Teeth Whitening
Some prefer buying in-store, while other people find more convenience in buying online. Whether you are buying in a store or online, here are some tips to help you with the process.
- When you buy teeth whitening products, you must have some idea first of what will work for you. Although some products work for some, it won’t work for the rest.
- You should see reviews online and results and which product they have used. Make sure you have also read about complaints about the product, if any, including known allergic reactions to people.
- Ask the seller, which is their top product cause, usually, these products are effective to many.
- Pick the one that will fit your budget. Some may be effective, but may cost too much to purchase. Buy the one that is highly effective but still affordable.
- Pick one that has the most clinically proven results and should be clinically tested for safe use.
- Compare which has the fastest effectivity so you can take that option.
- Review the instruction in use so you can pick one that is simpler to use and won’t take too much of your time to prepare and apply.
- The good thing about an online purchase is that you have the availability of information on the net, and you can use this to your advantage.
- Here, you need some information on the specific product that you want to buy, so which one should you pick?
- If you are buying online, see reviews and some comparisons made by buyers who have used the products. This will help you gauge if it is a product that is worth buying or not.
- So if you have some information, you can now pick one product to buy, and then you can get information further online on its effectiveness, price, if it works quickly and if it will not cause any allergies.
- How much is it being sold online, you can contact the seller and ask if they have any discount that they can offer to you? This is usually the case if you are to buy in bulk and the seller will give you more discounts.
- Will the product be delivered to you for free or if you need to pay for the delivery?
- Make sure that the seller will pack the product well and will arrive in excellent condition. If not, what are your options, will they exchange the product for a better and undamaged product?
FAQ about the Best Teeth Whitening
What are some samples of the best Teeth Whitening products found in the market?
- Oral Care Dental Teeth Whitening Strips by Spotlight
- Brite Defense Nightly Serum by Intelliwhite
- Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Whitestrips
- Teeth Whitening Kit by Auraglow
- Brilliant Personal Teeth Whitening Device by GLO
- At-Home Teeth Whitening Kit by Snow
- Teeth Whitening Penn by AuraGlow
- Oral Care Charcoal Whitening by Moon
- Teeth Whitening Kit by Smiledirectclub
- 3D White Whitestrips with Light by Crest
What is the usual cause of teeth stains, and discoloration?
If a person is fond of drinking black teas, coffee, or red wine. Some sports drink also cause teeth to stain and any strongly colored foods and some sauces such as tomato, soy sauce, curries. Soda is also another culprit.
What should help to keep the brightness of your teeth?
What causes the yellowing of teeth besides drinking colored drinks?
One common reason that your teeth get yellow and discolored is the natural aging process. As you age, the teeth dull, and the brightness is no longer the same as when you are younger. The enamel thins as well, so it is more prone to tooth discoloration and stains.
Smoking is another culprit because of nicotine. It causes discoloration and stains of the teeth, making it appear grayish, or there are some black stains between teeth.
Another culprit is an antibiotic staining, which causes teeth to appear darker.
Brighter teeth heighten your confidence and make you look cheerful the more you smile. It also appears that you are really taking care of your dental hygiene. Having whiter teeth not only removes the stains and discoloration of your teeth, but you are also taking care of plaque removal. As your dentist will check your teeth, they will catch any other issues you may have with your teeth early. Tooth decay is one issue that should also be given attention to.
Teeth whitening can be helpful, but it will cost you as well, so make sure you have prepared enough to spend for your teeth whitening process.