Many golfers are now finding it beneficial to use a golf rangefinder because of the accuracy it gives them on the distance and the target on the golf course. There are over 50% of golfers who use it to their advantage while the rest of the group are still traditional and would like to follow their gut while playing the game.
Best Golf Rangefinders Reviews
- 1 Best Golf Rangefinders Reviews
- 2 What is a Golf Rangefinder?
- 3 Golf Rangefinders and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Golf Rangefinders are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Golf Rangefinder Reviews
- 6 Buying the Best Golf Rangefinder
- 7 FAQ about the Best Golf Rangefinder
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Links:
What is a Golf Rangefinder?
They mainly use a golf rangefinder to determine the distance of the target you are going for in the golf course.
Golf Rangefinders and how they are used?
Not every golf rangefinder is the same and will depend on how far you need to measure. GPS rangefinders can measure farther distances while the other called laser rangefinder must have a reflective surface to measure the target with accuracy.
Usage will depend on what type you have where GPS rangefinders act like a map where pin technology is used, a laser rangefinder is aiming the rangefinder to where you need to target and then let the rangefinder do the calculating, the last is optical rangefinder where you need to determine the distance and use the optical rangefinder to convert and calculate.
- A golf rangefinder is easy to carry around and is convenient to use.
- It gives you a fast and accurate reading of the target you are aiming for.
- Some golf rangefinders are wearable, and you need not put in your pocket every time.
- It helps to speed up the play instead of the traditional self calculation.
- No need to use the traditional way of consulting yardage books and yardage markers.
- With the distance accuracy, you can choose which club to use to attain the right aim.
- Blind spots are lessened because of GPS rangefinder.
- If you want a high-end golf rangefinder, you need to spend more.
- On top of the expenses of buying golfing gear, this will add up to your expenditures.
- Players sometimes depend too much on the golf rangefinder that when they do not reach the result, it says they get frustrated.
- Too many features of some golf rangefinders distract golfers.
- Some depend on it instead of honing their skills by practicing and having lessons.
What types of Golf Rangefinders are there?
GPS Rangefinders – Uses pin technology to center on the location, and this type can give you a precise distance. There is no need to focus the device from point A to point B just to get the calculation as it easily finds the target. The GPS rangefinder can also see the obstacles are on the way.
GPS Rangefinder can connect to the satellites available. All you have to do after is to load the map of the golf course which you can get from the internet, then you have to turn on the GPS, and then you need to select the hole you are targeting.
Laser Rangefinders – Uses beams of light to calculate the distance of your target. You need to have a trained eye to aim the rangefinder in the accurate location you want.
There is just weather and temperature conditions because some days are windy, and you may have a hard time aiming. Sometimes there is even a bit of rain while you are playing, and this will be an issue as well to your aiming and the light beams.
But you will not find it difficult to use the laser rangefinder. It will also give you an accurate and fast calculation. Using a laser rangefinder is rather easy because you just need to turn the device on, change the mode or adjust it depending on the slope and the clarity, once adjustments are made and you are seeing it you just have to point to the target and then press the button. The rangefinder will give you an immediate calculation result.
This is what we check in Golf Rangefinder Reviews
Most golfers do not use Golf Rangefinders, most especially in the competition. But for those who do and would like to have an easier way of playing golf, they invest in a Golf Rangefinder. Here we have four of the major significant factors when buying Golf Rangefinders such as materials used, pricing, cleaning, and its longevity.
They make some golf rangefinders of high-quality materials such as laser beams and other highly precise instruments to make this device. Where most of it is tried in laboratories and a different set up by the manufacturers.
Materials used are first put on tests and have undergone many analyses to make sure that it will stand the test of time. Companies that manufacture rangefinders are handling high-tech devices. Although longevity will also depend on how you take care of the device.
Golf rangefinders are affordable and accessible for many players. There are unique brands available that can range anywhere from a hundred to a few hundreds of dollars.
Buying the Best Golf Rangefinder
If you are to buy a fishing rod, you must be an enthusiast of fishing or are planning to be one, so you already have a slight idea of what you want to buy. To also give you some tips, we have collated some reminders for when you buy a fishing rod for yourself.
- The best one to choose is a golf rangefinder with great accuracy since these matters in a golf rangefinder, and it is what you should look for. You should choose a manufacturer that creates a better golf rangefinder because you can trust that they build highly accurate devices.
- If you can buy a golf rangefinder that can range a few hundred yards this is what you should pick.
- Choose one with good magnification because this is what you are buying a golf rangefinder as it will target long distances. A golf rangefinder that has a 4x to 6x magnification should be your best choice.
- Buy a golf rangefinder that is not just convenient but also easy to use. You need a device that will help you on the golf course and not give you stress while playing.
- Pick one that has long battery life. High-end devices usually have a good battery life, so adding an amount to get this feature will make your life easier.
- You need a device that is not only durable, but the addition of a waterproof feature will be the best choice.
- Price is something you should also look into, make sure you are not out of budget after buying the device.
Buying a golf rangefinder online may be tricky because you cannot check the features mentioned above when you are buying it instore. Here are tips you may use while buying one of your golf rangefinders online.
- Find a reputable online seller to buy a golf rangefinder. A store that has many great reviews and feedback from buyers is one you should go for.
- Talk to the online seller about the brands they carry and ask which of these brands they can recommend.
- Some sellers will tell you immediately on which is their bestseller and which brand is worth the money.
- Know beforehand about the device you want to buy so you can compare the selling point, being mentioned by the seller from what you have read about reviews and comparison of the product online.
- Mention the features you are after and check which ones are affordable and have all the features you are looking for.
- If you have decided on which brand and model you would like to purchase- bargain.
- Warranty, returns, repair, and delivery should be discussed with the seller. Make sure they have a warranty on the device and if it will get damaged while in transit. How about repair and returns? Discuss this with the seller.
FAQ about the Best Golf Rangefinder
Can the golf rangefinder be used outside of the golf course? Some golfers are also into hunting use their golf rangefinder to hunt, and calculate their distance to their prey.
Which one should I get for my golf rangefinder, the one that says water-resistant or waterproof?
Water-resistant means it can resist some drops or splashes of water, but it cannot be soaked entirely in the water while a waterproof device can get soaked in water for a time without damaging it. So a waterproof golf rangefinder is your best option.
Should I get a bigger screen size for my rangefinder?
A 2-inch screen should suffice because you don’t want your opponent to also read your calculation and see the display. A 2 inch sized screen is just sized right for your use. It can also be worn on the wrist or can be placed inside your pocket.
Other golfers prefer bigger sized screen, but again, it should accord to your preference.
Are golf rangefinders accurate with the numbers and readings?
Rangefinders have been tried and tested for high accuracy. You can also trust manufacturers who are dependable with these devices, so choose a reputable manufacturer.
What are the top-selling golf rangefinders today?
- TecTecTec ULT-X Golf Rangefinder – can easily lock up to your target up to 450 yards and have a 6x magnification. Waterproof, durable, and with pouch plus warranty.
- Precision Pro NX7 Laser Rangefinder – Affordable for the features. It provides 6x magnification and can measure distance up to 400 yards. It comes with a durable case just like the device, with a 2-year warranty, and upgradeable for future models.
- Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt Golf Laser Rangefinder – Comes in a compact design that makes it convenient to bring with you. It quickly centers on the target with high accuracy. It is also water-resistant and has a 2-year limited warranty with the Bushnell Golf App included.
- Nikon Coolshot Golf Rangefinder – Not just compact but light and can easily fit in your pocket. It has a beautiful display and provides 8-second continuous scanning. One-year warranty inclusion plus a case to protect your device.
- Bushnell Pro XE – Upgraded version of the Bushnell X2 edition. Faster, accurate, and expensive compared to its predecessor. It has a 500-yard range, with a jolt feature to let you know that you locked on your target. Waterproof, and you can mount it on your cart bar with ease.
- Garmin Approach Z80 Rangefinder – With super accuracy compared to other brands. With full color, 2-D display. Easy to use with image stabilization to help you lock on your target.
- PeakPulse 6Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder with Slope – With an accuracy up to 400 yards. Budget-friendly and for those who want to have a high-quality golf rangefinder but affordable, this is for you. With automatic shutdown when not in use for 8 seconds, that can help in saving the battery. Fast Focus System feature.
When choosing a golf rangefinder you should consider functionality, durability, and price range since you cannot get all the best features when you buy the high-priced golf rangefinder out there. The game now is how manufacturers can give you a product that not just has top quality but also affordability.