Hair Mask help in treating damaged hair. The deep conditioning brought about by hair mask can help hair regain its natural oils and lipids. This is an enormous help for hair that is damaged because of frequent hair setting, hair coloring, and too much hairstyling.
The best Hair Masks in Comparison
- 1 The best Hair Masks in Comparison
- 2 What is Hair Mask?
- 3 Hair Masks and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Hair Masks are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Hair Masks Reviews.
- 6 Buying the Best Hair Masks
- 7 FAQ about the best Hair Masks
- 7.1 How often can I use hair masks in a week?
- 7.2 What are the best Hair Masks available in the market?
- 7.3 Why do I need Hair Mask?
- 7.4 Can hair masks stop hair fall?
- 7.5 Is it safe to use a hair mask overnight?
- 7.6 Is it safe to use a hair mask if I have colored my hair?
- 7.7 How about bleached hair? Is it still safe to use?
- 7.8 Are hair masks safe to be used for those who have a sensitive scalp?
- 7.9 What are the important ingredients of hair masks?
- 8 Conclusion.
- 9 Links:
What is Hair Mask?
Hair masks are deep conditioning treatment to help dry, brittle, and lifeless hair. There are different hair masks for each type of hair. Users can choose which is the best for them. We consider hair masks to be better than the normal conditioners in the market because of the many excellent results it provides to the hair.
Hair Masks and how they are used?
Hair Masks are used as hair conditioners but should be left for a longer period. Some let it stay only for a few hours while others leave it on overnight. We consider hair masks a perfect treatment for hair because of the ingredients such as coconut oil, honey, shea butter, argan oil, and other nourishing ingredients. Hair masks treat hair by hydrating it and can penetrate hair strands to give a significant result. Hair masks can be used once or twice a week or as needed.
- Regains the suppleness of hair. The hair masks trap oil in the hair follicle and give it the needed bounce after. Hair is not stiff and somehow using hair masks gives it life.
- Keeps hair follicles hydrated. Because of the different oils and butter that are the ingredients of hair masks, it helps in hydrating hair. A hair mask is also best to use for those with split ends.
- Treats hair from damage. Its primary aim is to rehydrate the hair, removes dryness, and save it from split ends.
- Results in very shiny hair. The result after treating hair with a hair mask, there is an added shine to hair. It doesn’t appear limp and lifeless
- Reduces hair fall. With frequent use of hair masks, hair fall lessens.
- Clears the scalp. Dandruff is also a result of the dryness of the scalp. With the use of hair masks, this clears dandruff and treats hair from dryness.
- Gives hair a very pleasant smell. After the application of hair masks, the hair smells so good.
- Leaves hair tangle-free. Because it treats hair, there is additional moisture after.
- Need additional time with rinsing. The hair masks need to be rinsed twice or thrice so there is no solution left on the hair.
- The smell will only last for a few hours. The smell will only last for a few hours compared to a hair conditioner that lasts for a day.
- Hair Masks are costly compared to conditioners. Because of the benefits, you can get from hair masks it is expensive. But the additional money you have to shell out can also benefit you in the long run.
What types of Hair Masks are there?
There are many hair masks available in the market and each will depend on what hair type you have. We have listed each below.
Hair Masks for color-treated hair.
This hair masks can protect your color-treated hair more than the usual hair masks available in the market. Hair coloring can also result in loss of moisture, causes dryness, and brittleness that is why you need hair masks to keep the color intact, keep the moisture of your hair in and protect your hair from damage.
Hair Masks for straight hair.
There is also a specific hair mask for straight hair. Best for fine or straight hair should be in the label, so hair masks will double as hair conditioning solution. The oil ingredient of hair masks is enough to nourish your scalp and hair to give it the life that it needs. You may review the content of different hair masks before purchase, the product with the most oil ingredients should be on the top of your list.
Hair Masks for dry or damaged hair.
Damaged hair lacks moisture and nourishment, that is why the strands look lifeless and limp, there are also hair strands that are sticking out of place as these strands are too dry. Best to choose hair masks with labels for dry/damaged hair or for split ends repair.
Hair Masks for thick hair.
Thick hair also needs all the help there is. You may have to check the label for thick or coarse hair as this will also double as a detangling conditioner for your thick hair. There are specific ingredients in hair masks for thick hair that will help it keep moisture and replenish oils. After using hair masks hair are more manageable, tangles are lessened and hair is more supple. You can even make a comparison of before and after using a hair mask.
Hair masks for fine hair.
Thin hair after conditioning only appears thinner and finer. The hair masks on the other hand will not weigh down your hair after use but will give it the needed boost of moisture and volume. A hair mask is the best alternative to help restore volume and substance in your hair.
Hair Masks for Oily Hair.
When you shampoo and conditioning hair, in a few hours there is a feeling of hair being too oily. You should opt for an oil regulating hair mask instead of deep conditioning hair masks. You may use this before shampooing instead of after shampoo as it will remove hair impurities first and excess oil that weighs your hair down.
Hair Masks for Ethnic or Coarse hair.
These are curls that are tightly together. It moisturizes every hair strand, making it bouncy and keeps hair hydrated. It also eliminates the frizz factor.
This is what we check in Hair Masks Reviews.
Sometimes we decide on what to buy because of these four significant factors. One is material, next is longevity, the other one is the price, and lastly is cleaning and or maintenance.
With hair masks, we have many options to choose from because we can compare materials used during production. We can see reviews from magazines or even online and materials are also available there for our research.
We can attribute longevity to how long the product will be beneficial to our hair, or which product can stay longer to make our hair more beautiful and manageable.
Upon review of the distinct hair masks there is only a slight variation in prices.
There is not much cleaning required.
Buying the Best Hair Masks
You can either go to the store, have a look, and compare products. You can also buy hair masks online since many sellers are already visible in an online platform.
- When you go to the store, you can look around and make a comparison of all the products listed under hair masks. You can check the ingredients that were listed at the back of each container.
- You need to check for which hair type the hair masks are for so it will be best for your hair type.
- Best to ask the store seller as well if they can recommend a hair mask for your hair type cause most of the sellers know which is best for hair types.
- You should make a comparison of the prices of each product so you can decide which is best for your budget.
- Buying online is convenient for anyone. With a click and a few pieces of information you have to provide, you will have the product delivered to you.
- First, review all the online info you can get about the product since that is the easiest way you will know if a product is recommended by anyone else. There are reviews that are always available if a product is excellent.
- Buying online is easy because you can also communicate and email with customer service of certain sellers and they will gladly answer any of your queries.
- The wonderful thing about online sellers, you can ask them for free samples if any are available.
- You need to inquire about the best payment method.
- Also, ask about delivery, and if they have any return policy in place.
- Last, you need to compare prices before clicking and buying online.
FAQ about the best Hair Masks
How often can I use hair masks in a week?
You can use hair masks even once a week. If you have dry and damaged hair, twice a week is advisable.
What are the best Hair Masks available in the market?
- It’s a 10 Miracle Hair Masks ($12.49). Best for dry, damaged hair. Restores hair elasticity.
- The function of Beauty Hair Mask ($19). Caters to the specific need of your hair. Will depend on your hair type. Expensive compared to other hair masks.
- Sephora Collection Hair Sleeping Masks ($5). This hair mask can do its work while you are sleeping. It will work overnight to help bring back beauty to your hair.
- Blonde Ale Color-Enhancing and Brightening Hair Mask ($35). Moisturize and treats hair from roots to tips. With a fusion of rice protein, lemon, and chamomile extract.
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Hair Mask ($36). Restores limp and dry hair. Highly formulated with vitamin B, argan oil, and collagen that can help bring the luster to your damage and brittle hair.
- Moisture Recovery Mask by Dove ($6.99). Nourishes hair with the hydrating ingredient – Honey.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No.3 ($28). Best for colored hair and hair that is showing signs of damage due to too much hair-styling. Bring back softness and shine to your hair. It can be used for different hair types even if it is colored, bleached, or just damaged because of hair straightening or hair curling.
- Masque Quintessence Deep Nourishing Treatment Hair Mask ($145). Revive limp, dry, damaged hair.
- Ghost Hair Mask by Verb ($18). We can use it for distinct hair types. High in moringa seed oil ingredient and glycerin.
- Kiehl’s Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak ($25). The high content of sunflower, apricot oils, and vitamins. Moisturize color-treated hair.
Why do I need Hair Mask?
A hair mask can help your hair get enough moisture. It will also repair your hair little by little with frequent use.
Can hair masks stop hair fall?
Hair mask help in stopping hair fall. Hair gets damaged if it is too dry and there is a loss of oil and nutrients. Hair is brittle and falls off. By using a hair mask, you will help moisturize your hair, keep it hydrated, keep oil in every strand which will stop hair fall eventually.
Is it safe to use a hair mask overnight?
It will depend on your preference if you want to leave it on overnight, you just have to make sure that you have placed a towel to protect your pillow from the stain caused by the hair mask. Some users need half-hour while others like to use it for a few hours only.
Is it safe to use a hair mask if I have colored my hair?
Yes, it is safe, you may like to opt for a hair mask for colored hair to keep your hair color intact.
How about bleached hair? Is it still safe to use?
Yes, you may use a hair mask still for bleached hair. You will need a hair mask because bleaching causes hair to dry up and there is a loss of oil and moisture, this is the best treatment for such hair problems.
Are hair masks safe to be used for those who have a sensitive scalp?
Before any application, you should first do a skin test, dab a slight amount on your skin and once no irritation occurs, then it is safe for you to use.
What are the important ingredients of hair masks?
Argan Oil, Shea butter, Coconut oil, Honey, Coconut water, Green Tea plus almond, and avocado oil among others.
To conclude this article, we can say that hair masks can help users with damaged hair. It solves many hair issues. It only takes religious use for it to give wonderful results.