The mobile air conditioner could be the answer to the prayer for those who feel that it just takes too much work and money to have an air-conditioning system installed, most especially if is just compact space. One more thing about the mobile air conditioner is its portability.
Best Mobile Air Conditioners in Comparison
- 1 Best Mobile Air Conditioners in Comparison
- 2 What is a Mobile Air Conditioner?
- 3 Mobile Air Conditioner and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Mobile Air Conditioners are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Mobile Air Conditioner Reviews
- 6 Buying the Best Mobile Air Conditioner
- 7 FAQ about the Best Mobile Air Conditioner
- 8 Conclusion.
- 9 Links
What is a Mobile Air Conditioner?
The mobile air conditioner is movable and can be pushed and placed in different areas of the house as needed. There is also no need for its installation and is comparable to other home appliances that you just plug and turn on to use.
Mobile Air Conditioner and how they are used?
A mobile air conditioner pulls the heat from the room and replaces it with cold air. They vent the warm air and moisture out at the back of the unit. You can use a mobile air conditioner in any area of your house. It is easy to roll around the house because it is lightweight and has wheels on them, which make it possible to move them.
What types of Mobile Air Conditioners are there?
Single Hose Mobile Air Conditioner – the simplest type of unit and easiest to operate. The whole unit is mounted on wheels, which makes it ideal for moving from one area to the next. It needs a hose to act as a vent system or also called exterior drainage. You can place it on your window, or you can drill a hole for the hose. The length must be considered as well, and so is the flexibility of the hose.
Dual Hose mobile air conditioner – considered the best option by other users when they compared it from the single hose unit. The two hoses act as a collection and release hose for hot air.
This is what we check in Mobile Air Conditioner Reviews
Some air-conditioning units can last a long time with the yearly maintenance and timely cleaning, and a mobile type air conditioner can be so if you also follow due diligence in caring for it. In our review about the mobile air conditioner, we found out the four significant factors, which include the price, materials, longevity, and cleaning.
Made of different materials such as plastic, copper, aluminum, sheet metal, then there is freon, ammonia, hydrocarbons, and water. Every mobile air conditioner was manufactured and start from a sheet metal, which is molded and cut to form a certain shape and size, then the other components are added to complete the unit.
Some brands have the highest quality of manufacture, and others may have a slightly distinct way in their manufacturing style.
Manufacturers are continuously improving their craft and trying to make mobile air conditioners that are not just top quality but will also ensure its longevity. Some manufacturers sell their unit for a lesser price, but sometimes the longevity is compromised because of the materials used in the making of the product.
- Cleaning the air conditioner unit is the best way to keep its cooling efficiency. You should also clean the hose, and you can remove the housing if it is the removable type, and if not, then the use of clean cloth to wipe the surface and reachable area is a must. Do not use any abrasive cleaning solution or scrubbing tools that may damage the unit.
- The filter should be cleaned, along with the other parts possible for cleaning.
- They also require it that you have the unit checked by professionals once in a while to make sure that it will continue to work efficiently.
Buying the Best Mobile Air Conditioner
If it is possible to buy your mobile air conditioner in a physical store, then this is your best option. By doing so, you can check all the features of each unit you have in mind.
- Before you go to any store to purchase a unit, you need to have the size and dimension of the room where you will use it. In that case, you can buy the ideal BTU for the room size. Without an idea of the room size, you may buy a lower BTU that is not fit for the room where you will use it in and is not useful at all for cooling the area.
- Know what size of the mobile air conditioner you are looking for. If you are thinking of a small sized mobile air conditioner that you can easily lug around or size is not important to you, then you can focus on other important features of the mobile air conditioner.
- When you talk about the price, you need to also ask about the parts such as the filter and how long it can last or the other parts that you may need to replace after some time, this is important as it will add up to the entire cost of the product.
- Discuss the BTU because of the higher BTU, the bigger room size it can service. This is important because you need the right BTU, or else you will just waste electricity trying to cool a room that is not compatible with the BTU.
- Be aware of the energy efficiency of the air-conditioning unit you will purchase because your electricity bill will also depend on this. You get to save more if you pick a mobile air conditioner with a higher energy efficiency rate.
- Check the unit for the noise it emits because you need a mobile air conditioner that will not cause you to wake up the entire household. Pick one that has minimal noise that is not noticeable.
- Ask about installation. Although it is a mobile air conditioner, you will need to install a vent system or hose where the warm air will be pushed out.
- The warranty must be discussed. How many years is the warranty, what to do for repairs, and who to call to request for service and check-up?
Buying online is easier now with the availability of reviews about the product you are to purchase online. There are ways now to know whether the product you want to buy is the one for you or the next product should be your option.
- Find out which store is best for you. Buy nothing without carefully reviewing the feedback about the online store.
- Pick a reputable one to buy your mobile air conditioner from, so you are sure they will give you a fair price and an excellent product.
- Ready with your queries and question before you chat with any of the sellers online for faster transactions.
- Ask about the brand which brand is their best seller, which is the most affordable and what they can suggest, so at least you have an idea if the one you are planning to buy is the best in the market.
- You can ask about the BTU and give your room size so they can give suggestions on which one is the best for your room size.
- Compare the prices offered by the different online sellers so you can review and decide on what step to take on next.
- Review the warranty as this will be discussed with you when you are planning to buy the unit.
- Pick the best price with the most feature so you will not regret your purchase.
FAQ about the Best Mobile Air Conditioner
How often do I clean the filter of a mobile air conditioner?
A clean filter will help the mobile air conditioner to remain efficient, so the best way to keep it so is to at least clean the filter once or twice a month. Some owners even clean their filters every week.
What are the top 3 best mobile air conditioners available now in the market?
- Whynter Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner – a dual hose, mobile air conditioner with a fan that works at three speeds. It also has a dehumidifier, and its programmable timer helps you schedule its operation. The design is quite elegant and can be placed in your living room, bedroom, or anywhere in your house where the exhaust hose can be strategically placed as well.
- Brigidaire Cool Connect Smart Mobile/Portable Air Conditioner – Smart unit that is a bit pricey for some owners. It has a connection to Wi-Fi, so turning it on is easy with the help of Google Assistant and Alexa. There are options for you on the coolness that you prefer, what time you need it to operate, filter cleaning, or replacing it. It is one of the most elegant looking mobile air conditioners on the market today.
- Black and Decker Portable Air Conditioner BPACT08WT – Lightweight, quiet, and efficient cooling unit. With a remote to make its operation easier for you and there is no need to get close to be able to push the buttons, which are nice when you place it in your bedroom.
The size and cooling capacity are also compatible with a smaller-sized room.
They manufacture the mobile air conditioner to help those with issues on installation fees and issues with the correct placement of their cooling system.
This can be your best option if you are not keen on having to pay more to have any air-conditioning system installed. You must do due diligence though, before buying a unit and check BTU, your room size, the vent system location, and of course, the price. You can find one though that has many features, easy on the pocket but also highly efficient.