Turmeric is a popular spice that is more common in Asian food. You may have heard that it is being used to make the curry get its warm, bitter, and spicy taste. It is also used to curry powders, mustards, and even cheese. The yellow-colored chemical found in the turmeric root and the plant is used widely to make medicine, plus it is mainly used for food color and added in cosmetics.
Best Turmeric Supplement in Comparison
- 1 Best Turmeric Supplement in Comparison
- 2 What is Turmeric Supplement?
- 3 Turmeric Supplement and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Turmeric Supplement are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Turmeric Supplement Reviews
- 6 Buying the best Turmeric Supplement
- 7 FAQ about the Best Turmeric Supplement
- 7.1 What are the list of best Turmeric Supplements available for purchase?
- 7.2 What should be the dosage for turmeric supplements?
- 7.3 What should be considered when buying turmeric supplements?
- 7.4 What is the known use of Turmeric in society today?
- 7.5 What are the different ways of taking turmeric?
- 7.6 Are there considerations when stocking up on turmeric supplements?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Links:
What is Turmeric Supplement?
It is a promoted dietary supplement that is manufactured using turmeric, which is a plant in the ginger family. It is native to Southeast Asia and grown commercially in the said region.
This supplement is a mixture of the dried rhizome and contains a mixture of curcuminoids. Some even use it to ease skin conditions. There are still studies about turmeric supplements since it is discovered that curcumin is unstable and has low bioavailability cause it rarely reaches the bloodstream. There is still ongoing research about its full health benefits.
Turmeric Supplement and how they are used?
The supplement is taken orally, or if used as a skin med, then it is applied to the skin in a safe amount. If it is to be taken orally, there should be a prescribed amount that one should take, and should not be taken any time you want. There are also issues about its safety when taken by a pregnant woman cause if taken more than the usual when pregnant little is known about its side effect to the fetus. Some standing issues are still being debated about its safety when used while a woman is breastfeeding.
Turmeric may also have interactions with some conventional medicines because of its influence on P-glycoprotein, and cytochrome P450 enzymes. Patients who are also taking medicines such as immunosuppressant agents and anti-cancer medicine should take caution in using this supplement. Though it is easy to take one orally without getting approval from a medical professional, it is not advised for your safety.
- Helps in skin conditions and is used topically to ease swelling and skin infections.
- Helps in indigestion, diarrhea, and anorexia.
- Said to be helpful in biliary and hepatic disorders.
- It can be used for its anti fungicidal and germicidal properties.
- Helpful in boosting metabolism and in good digestion.
- Positively lessens arthritic pain in the elderly and even in those who are prone to the disorder.
- Aids in preventing changes that may lead to Alzheimer’s disease in the elderly.
- Identified as lessening the pain felt for those with colon, prostate, or breast cancer.
- Helps in Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- For those who have stomach ulcers caused by
- Helicobacter pylori, there is a slight improvement.
- Found to be an effective antidepressant and is positive on the outcome.
What types of Turmeric Supplement are there?
There is an available turmeric supplement that is powdered turmeric in the market, and it is used to mix tea or just hot water before you sleep. It is said to help you heal while you are sleeping, where your cells can restore while it is at rest.
Turmeric Liquid Tincture
It is not a powder or capsule. It is liquid and has both the ingredient, curcumin, and turmeric for stronger formulation. It is said that this type has a high formula absorption.
Turmeric Capsule Supplement
A mixture of Turmeric and Curcumin content makes this formula more potent and has a high positive effect.
This is what we check in Turmeric Supplement Reviews
Turmeric supplement is available in the market and can be accessed by anyone who has heard of its benefits, but still, there are pros and cons that they have to consider. Here, we checked what materials they use in its manufacture, what are the pricing, longevity, and if you need cleaning.
Its key ingredient is turmeric, which belongs to the family of Zingiberaceae plants. The yellow color is enhanced after drying the plants. Some active compounds found in a turmeric supplement include alpha and beta turmerone, zingiberene, curcumin, and curcumol.
They pack some products for 30 days of use while they can buy some supplements in bigger packages or bottles.
Pricing starts from $16 to $100 and up. There are pricy turmeric supplements, and there are also affordable turmeric supplements available.
Buying the best Turmeric Supplement
- When you buy in-store, you have the advantage of seeing the product physically and not just in pictures. You may also check the details of the product you are buying.
- Although there is a low priced turmeric supplement, it is also best to review what you can about each product in the market.
- See the ingredients by checking the bottle label, what is written at the back, most especially what it includes in the turmeric’s manufacture. Choose one that has black pepper included in the mix, as it makes the absorption of turmeric better with black pepper.
- You may also check out if there is an organic turmeric supplement, as this will make taking the medicine easy and you need not worry about any artificial, synthetic, or chemical ingredient in the mix.
- Checking for phytosome technology when you are looking for the best turmeric supplement in-store is another smart idea, as this type is 29 times absorbed by the body.
- Check the dose or what is stated in the medicine bottle. Sometimes by buying things in a hurry will not help.
- Pick one that has authentic materials written at the back of the medicine bottle. Check for USP verification as it signifies quality and rigorous testing before placing it out in the market.
- You need to check the date of manufacture and, of course, the expiration date.
- Buy the one that you can afford. Some manufacturers may price their product too expensive, so best to pick the one that is just right for your budget.
- If there is a discount available, grab it.
- When buying online, you may sometimes get confused and may not pick the right one. What can help is to read reviews online cause there is a different website that can give you some information about various products.
- When you have no option but to see what’s selling online, you can also ask the help of those you know who may have tried buying the same product and from there you can make a comparison.
- You should ask what company is a reputable company that always provides legit products.
- There are fake products that may also be bought online, so make sure that you are buying from a legitimate seller.
- When you finally found the right seller online, you may now ask important questions you may have.
- Ask which is their best seller, this will help you decide easily.
- You need to make sure you are getting the new stock of medicine and not just old stocks they will deliver to you.
- Ask if they are offering any discount if you are going to buy from them frequently, some sellers will give you discounts if you are going to be a regular customer.
- Inquire about their return policy just in case there is some damage found in the product that they will deliver to you.
FAQ about the Best Turmeric Supplement
What are the list of best Turmeric Supplements available for purchase?
One of the best turmeric supplements available for sale in the market. This one is in powder form, where you need to mix it with hot water that you will drink before you sleep. A product that contains not only turmeric but also ginger, mushroom, lemon balm, turkey tail mushroom, and many other ingredients.
Turmeric Restore by Prime Health Daily
Contains curcumin and turmeric with black pepper extract. High in antioxidants that can support immunity plus help in weight loss.
Turmeric Total Boost
Contains turmeric extract, curcumin, and curcuminoid.
Turmeric Curcumin Plus by Vitaboost
A supposed antioxidant that will help those who drink this supplement boost their immune system. It also has black pepper extract to help enhance the absorption.
Transparent Labs Turmeric plus Curcuminoids supplement The manufacturer boasts a great price, excellent quality, and enormous benefits to the body.
Curcumin by Smarter Nutrition
Turmeric Curcumin by Nuzena
The company boast of a product that will help in controlling blood sugar, cholesterol, strengthens immunity, plus an anti-inflammatory substance to give your body the extra protection it needs.
Extra Strength Turmeric by Qunol
Best-selling and also has a high trust rating among the top-selling turmeric supplements in the market. It has palm oil and sunflower oil that could help the body further absorb its turmeric intake without the addition of black pepper extract.
What should be the dosage for turmeric supplements?
The dosage will depend on the doctor’s advice. There are also contra-indication that one has to be aware of.
What should be considered when buying turmeric supplements?
Dosage – check the percentage of turmeric in the supplements can be 10 to 30% other manufacturer uses up 95% concentration.
Bioavailability – Check what is the bioavailability boosting ingredient that the turmeric supplement has. Should contain either black pepper extracts or fats.
The reputation of the manufacturer and transparency – Buy from a reputable company that has a best trustworthy rating and should believe in honest marketing. Do not go for fake marketing, and sleazy packaging that can misinform users and buyers. Check which company has high-quality turmeric ingredients and should have pure and non-synthetic ingredients incorporated into the supplement.
What is the known use of Turmeric in society today?
What are the different ways of taking turmeric?
There is turmeric available in capsule, powder, and in a liquid tincture. There is also fresh turmeric made into juice, and some are even pickled.
Are there considerations when stocking up on turmeric supplements?
You should buy just enough instead of stocking up too much where there is a danger of it getting exposed to air or sunlight.
Turmeric up to this date is traditionally used in different parts of the world. It has a positive effect and helps in the treatment of different body ailments and cooking, and they even use it in textiles and fabrics. Turmeric is also widely used not just in making turmeric supplements, but also added