Trampolines can be fun for children. It gives them high jumping prowess, and they can even do somersaults. The feeling of freedom as if your body has that easy gravity that you can jump just as high or low according to your preference. To a child, trampolines can be an ecstatic experience and a form of exercise.
Best Children Trampoline in Comparison
- 1 Best Children Trampoline in Comparison
- 2 What is a Children Trampoline?
- 3 Children Trampoline and how they are used?
- 4 What types of Children’s Trampoline are there?
- 5 This is what we check in Children’s Trampoline Reviews
- 6 Buying the Best Children Trampoline
- 7 FAQ about the Best Children’s Trampoline
- 8 Conclusion.
- 9 Links
What is a Children Trampoline?
Trampolines are made with plush foam, coiled springs, vinyl covers, and steel frame to hold the device together.
The trampoline-like device has been used for centuries during celebrations, but the difference is that the users use blankets instead. They throw a person into the air with the help of the blanket.
Acrobats or circus people also used the bouncing of fabric in front of the gaping crowd.
In later years, blankets were also used to help people to jump to safety from a burning building.
Children Trampoline and how they are used?
A child should always have the necessary gear or clothing in place and should not have any sharp or hardpoints on his clothing, e.g. Belt, studs, or any metal design on his clothes.
Removal of the watch, jewelry, earrings, or any other jewelry is a must.
Do not wear shoes or slippers while on top of the trampolines. Socks are preferred, especially those that have the anti-slip capacity.
The child can jump on a trampoline slowly while he’s gaining momentum, he must not jump too high as the force may be too strong for a child. He must first try it out before eagerly venturing out to jump for hours.
Any child must not occupy the entire trampoline area and look at others who are playing, they must also see to it, they will not jump on top of anyone else who is playing.
Any children who are using the trampoline must land with both feet and not land using only one foot so they will have steady control of their bodies.
Pros and Cons
What types of Children’s Trampoline are there?
This type is smaller with a lesser bounce to keep kids safe. There is a handlebar with a cushion so a child can hold on to it while she jumps and bounces. These trampolines have a weight capacity not over 80 pounds with the height from the floor anywhere between 4 to 6 inches. Perfect for compact spaces or inside the playroom, in your living room, or even in your basement.
Big Kid Trampoline
With safety netting and a bouncier surface. They place these trampolines higher on the ground and can take a weight of not over 120 pounds. The kids can jump higher on this trampoline, so they require a high ceiling. Although it is still not advisable to let your kids jump too high for their safety.
This trampoline can be used even by adults. Its safety feature of cages to keep the children safe from being thrown out of the trampoline area. The material used is also of high-quality mesh or cloth netting. They still include paddings and cushions in the manufacture of these types of trampolines.
It can also be tightened, according to your preference or if more than two children are playing at once. The netting can hold frequent bumping and will not get loose while kids are playing.
This is what we check in Children’s Trampoline Reviews
With the help of this review, you will learn the four distinct concerns with any product which is the materials that are used, the pricing of the product, its longevity, cleaning, and its maintenance.
In the newer model of trampolines, springs are no longer included, but this may cost more. But the materials used for most trampolines are springs that give a trampoline its bounce. Tubing is another factor that strengthens the device and keeps it standing even with frequent bouncing. Pads are also used to cover the materials and make it safe for any user. Jumping, landing, and sometimes getting out of balance is common, with the use of a trampoline, so the pads are just perfect to keep it a safe activity for any age.
The canvas fabric, usually made of nylon fibers or polyethylene covers the surface of the trampoline. They attach this to the frame, and it is where users land on.
The longevity of the trampoline will depend on the strength of the spring used and how it was galvanized, plus the correct size of the spring is important, and the number of the springs used.
The tubing used in the trampoline should also be galvanized to avoid rusting and deterioration, which can lengthen the life of the trampoline.
Pricing will also depend on the size you will get and also, the brand. You can get a trampoline from $200 to a thousand dollars and up. There are also additional accessories that you sometimes require, and this will all add up.
Children trampolines need frequent cleaning, most especially if your child uses it often. One thing to focus on is cleaning the mat regularly, either with a damp cloth or water, and drying it off after. Springs must be checked for rusting and thus must be brushed and removed and then sprayed with an anti-rust solution or oil.
Buying the Best Children Trampoline
Before you buy one for your child, here are some tips when you buy a children’s trampoline in a store.
- Make sure you mention to the seller the age of your child or the children who will use the trampoline, this way the seller can give you a different option and even a piece of excellent advice on what type or brand you can purchase.
- Ask about the weight limit of the trampoline, so you’ll know how many are only allowed to use the trampoline at one time. If you have three kids and it can only accommodate two of your kids, you might be better off buying another sized trampoline.
- What safety features does the trampoline have? You need to ask about this to the seller and if they have any safety nets included or if they are selling it.
- You also need to make sure that there are provisions for a handlebar, if you have a kid who is less than five years old, then you should think this through as well.
- The shape of the trampoline is another consideration and the size of the room or the area where you will place the trampoline.
- Price is another thing to consider as there are brands who also manufacture great trampolines at a lesser price.
- The warranty should be on top of your list to be discussed, and your saving money eventually will depend on this.
Online buying is effortless with the many online sellers available to give you a lot of options.
- Discuss the product that you will want to purchase with the reputable seller you found online. Make sure you ask the right questions before you purchase.
- Safety features should be discussed beforehand since this will also make you decide easier.
- Discuss the price of the trampoline you want to buy and what is the best price the seller will give you for it.
- Warranty and returns must be cleared as well with the seller, how many years is the warranty, and if there is damage to the product, will they accept returns and replacement? Who will pay for the return shipment?
FAQ about the Best Children’s Trampoline
My kid is only 3 years old, can she use the children trampoline to pass the time?
Does a safety net make it safer for kids to use a trampoline?
Safety nets can reduce injury while playing, the nets will keep the children from falling off the trampoline, but it is a must to keep an eye on your child while playing on the trampoline.
Is flipping inside the trampoline allowed?
It is very dangerous to even try flips while inside the trampoline. Even if your child is alone playing or with other children, any injury can occur.
What are the top children’s trampolines to buy today?
- Skybound Atmos Trampoline with Safety Net 8ft – made for accident-prone kids. This will keep the kids safe, plus the 10-year warranty makes this a great deal for buyers.
- Ancheer Mini Rebounder Trampoline – with a safety mat that covers the spring and prevents kids from bumping on it. Handlebar makes it safer to have kids to hold on to while playing.
- Bounce Pro 12′ Trampoline – with a built-in light to make it safer for your kids playing during the daytime or when it is almost night time. Weather-resistant materials.
- Skywalker Rectangle with Enclosure Net Trampoline – unique shape but the same fun. A safety net that directly attaches to the mat. Sturdy and strong base and will not easily tip or topple when used by 2 to 3 kids at the same time.
Children trampolines can bring hours of fun and excitement for your kids, and you can also have time for yourself while they are busy playing, and you might read a book but be aware at the same time. With the safety features in place, this is now possible for you to do so.
Many trampoline brands in the market make it easier for you to choose the right trampoline for your kid. This review can also give you an idea on what to look for if and when you decided to get one for your children.